Re: [About_Alfords] Sent A Blank

  • Dwain Alford
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2013
      On 1/29/2013 1:59 PM, gilalford@... wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I just sent you a blank message about Skype. I did write a message in
      > RTF but it went away before I hit SEND. Max had a similar problem last
      > week trying to send the on line newsletter.
      >
      > I'll get back tomorrow or later on Skype, I've got real Alford work to
      > do now.
      >
      > Gil

      hi all,
      got this email. attached is a screen shot on what to do to send a file.
      maybe you already knew this and maybe not.
      cheers,
      dwain
    • Gil Alford
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2013
        Hi Dwain,

        I got your skype image.  I'm backing off my comment to do a message on skype.  I have tons and tons of real Alford stuff to process and just don't have time for skype.

        Maybe you or someone else can "lead" a discussion on the subject and how AAFA may use it.

        I do think it could be put to good use and I find that visiting with folks via skype is very rewarding.  I do have a premium skype account if we need to have a video conference of more than 2.

        Gil

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2013
          On 2/2/2013 1:33 PM, Gil Alford wrote:
          > Hi Dwain,
          > I got your skype image. I'm backing off my comment to do a message on
          > skype. I have tons and tons of real Alford stuff to process and just
          > don't have time for skype.
          > Maybe you or someone else can "lead" a discussion on the subject and how
          > AAFA may use it.
          > I do think it could be put to good use and I find that visiting with
          > folks via skype is very rewarding. I do have a premium skype account if
          > we need to have a video conference of more than 2.
          > Gil

          hi gil,
          my bad, i misread what you were doing. i thought you were trying to send
          a rtf file. anyway, have fun!
          cheers,
          dwain
        • Jim Liptrap
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3, 2013
            To the Moderator:

            This does NOT look like any Alford business, but an advertisement for Skype.

            And who is Klaus Dieter Dill?

            > I got your skype image. I'm backing off my comment to do a message on
            > skype. I have tons and tons of real Alford stuff to process and just
            > don't have time for skype.
            > Maybe you or someone else can "lead" a discussion on the subject and
            > how AAFA may use it.
            > I do think it could be put to good use and I find that visiting with
            > folks via skype is very rewarding. I do have a premium skype account
            > if we need to have a video conference of more than 2.
            > Gil

          • Gilbert K. Alford
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 3, 2013
              Jim,

              No, it is legit and something I really wanted to do. One of our members suggested we consider it for our meetings. I have it on my computer along with a webcam and have Skype with president Max Alford as well as with some of my family. It works and is a pleasant experience. Lots better than just a phone call or email. In most cases there is no cost.

              It would be possible for some of us who are prevented from meeting attendance to engage in Skype video conference call with up to ten persons, one being someone at the meeting with their computer projecting it all on the big screen.
              Such conference calls require that one participant be a Skype premium member. Which I am @ $4.99 per month.

              Klaus D.D. is AAFA member Dwain Alford. He may consider the origin of his. KDD to be personal. I understand it but Will leave explanation to him.

              Hey folks, Jim L. Was present at the last meeting and is pictured with one of the group's in the last quarterly which Lynn Shelley just mailed out. If you did not get a copy or would rather have one with photos and other stuff in color you can download (save & print) from our website. If you need help with that let me know

              Sent via my Kindle Fire while doing AAFA Alford work instead being sucked into the ball game like some folks.

              Ain't it fun?

              Gilalford

              Jim Liptrap <jim@...> wrote:

              To the Moderator:

              This does NOT look like any Alford business, but an advertisement for Skype.

              And who is Klaus Dieter Dill?

              > I got your skype image. I'm backing off my comment to do a message on
              > skype. I have tons and tons of real Alford stuff to process and just
              > don't have time for skype.
              > Maybe you or someone else can "lead" a discussion on the subject and
              > how AAFA may use it.
              > I do think it could be put to good use and I find that visiting with
              > folks via skype is very rewarding. I do have a premium skype account
              > if we need to have a video conference of more than 2.
              > Gil

            • Pat Sidebottom
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 5, 2013
                Ok.  'Slain all this stuff to me please, Gil. I'm a little behind the curve.
                Pat Sidebottom