Re: [About_Alfords] FW: William Alford a DAR patriot

  • Pat Sidebottom
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2012
      Finally got Paul Alford to agree to take the DNA test.  I'll be getting that processed as soon as I can.  Plan to make Charlotte, VA meeting also.

      Pat Sidebottom

      Date: 11/4/12 8:25:27 AM
      From: "Paula Burns"
      To: gilalford@..., "Lynn Shelley"
      Cc: "Ramona"

      I am pleased to finally announce that William Alford, Sr., father of William Alford, Jr., grandfather of Levin Ellis Alford, ggrandfather of Jacob W. Alford, gggrandfather of James T. Alford, ggggrandfather of Raymond G. Alford, gggggrandfather of Raymond N. Alford, and ggggggrandfather of Paula Jo Alford Burns has finally been approved as a DAR patriot.  His official #A208926.  It took two years and much research to convince them.  I used the book about the Spillers and Culvers Ramona Darden gave me and cited all of the Ellis, Alford, and Culver connections.  This means the line on Levin Ellis under his daughter Mary Polly Ellis Alford is also open.  Please let the association members with this line know.
      Paula Jo Alford Burns