RE: [About_Alfords] Matthias Alford, Maryland

  • gilalford@charter.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2012
      Pam,

      The dates we have came from Gale as part of her pedigree form and application.  We have much more data from her that I need to get scanned and posted to the web site.  It is too much and too assorted for me to do much with at this time.  Some of it is reports from a professional genealogist she hired.

      I don't think we have ever tried attachments on About_Alfords, but they are supposed to work.  I'll try attaching her application, pedigree and initial letter- all in one pdf file.  If the attachment does not work then those who want a copy should send me a private email requesting same and I'll reply with a copy.

      Gil

      On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 4:31 PM, pamrthompson@... wrote:

         I just found an obituary for Mathias Alford, who died in Caroline Co.,  MD:

      REPUBLICAN  STAR
      Easton,  Talbot Co., MD
      Tuesday,  5 April 1825

      Died—In Caroline county, on Wednesday the 23d ult. [March 23] Mr.  Mathias Alford, in the 67 th year of his age. Mr. A. has left a widow and family and a large circle of  friends, who will long lament his loss.

      AAFA has  a Matthias Alford, born 1757, married Lilly Waddell, and died 12 Dec 1837 in  Caroline Co. He is the ancestor of Gale Belser, AAFA #0304.

      The  Mathias who died in 1825 was born in 1757 or 1758. Where did we obtain the death  date for Lilly Waddell's husband? Could it be incorrect? If there were 2 men  named Matthias/Mathias Alford in Caroline Co., only one is showing up on the  1790-1820 censuses. And he doesn't show up in 1830!

      I suspect  that we might have an incorrect death date.

      --Pam