AAFA Web Site

  • Robert Alford
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 7, 2012
      There seems to be a problem.  I cannot find our web site.  Robert Alford
    • gilalford@charter.net
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 7, 2012
        Robert,

        Me too!  I thought my system was contaminated with some malware I read about in the paper the other day, and decided it did not apply to me.

        I think that malware attacks servers and not individual email users.

        Max always handles things with our server host and he is entertaining kinfolks at present.  I hate like the devil to bother him with AAFA stuff.

        I'll let it ride for a bit and if Dreamhost does not detect it and get us back up I'll explore possibilities.

        I guess we need a back-up IT person.

        Gil

        On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Robert Alford wrote:

            There seems to be a problem.  I cannot find our web site.  Robert Alford

      • Bob Alford
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 7, 2012
          The malware attacks individual computers but you would not see the outage until Monday.  According to FBI reports it is not widespread.

          You can test any computer very easily be going to http://www.dns-ok.us/.  The site will instantly flash green if you are OK and red if you are not.  I encourage everyone to do it.  For more info google "FBI warning computer outage"

          Bottom line is this malware can not be causeing the current site outage.

          Bob Alford
          Peoria, AZ

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 7, 2012
            Bob,

            Thank you.  I had just discovered the link you provided and got the green response.

            I sent an email to Dreamhost.com, who provides our server, but goodness only knows if they will respond or not.

            Gil

            On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Bob Alford wrote:

[...]

          • Max Alford