Laws and Customs over the last 400 years

  • gilalford@charter.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2011
      Hi,

      I addressed this to the group plus three members who are or were attorneys.

      In our research about Alfords and their kin we frequently come across situations where it is important to know what the local laws or customs were pertaining to things at that time.  Things such as marriage, land ownership, inheritance, taxation, etc.  We would like to create a page somewhere on the website called "Points of Law" or some such thing where we would have brief and simple statements or paragraphs addressing such things.

      We would like to have one or more persons dedicated to creating this, without regard to traditional genealogical research.  Depending upon the person or persons involved they will be made a part of the Research Committee, or perhaps a Legal committee or even a Laws and Customs committee.

      It seems probable that there are already places on the Internet where such information is available in which case our page would just have links with an explanation about what the link has.  Of course our information needs to be in English and not Legal.

      Does anyone have suggestions about such an effort.

      Of course we are in need of folks with the appropriate background - legal or paralegal - to help with this.  How about you?

      Gil Alford, AAFA Corresponding Secretary
    • KENNETH ALFORD
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2011
        "in english and NOT Legal?

        Just for laughs.

        Kenneth Alford

        http://www.peabodysboutique.blogspot.com (our granddaughter's baby gifts)

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2011
          Well, I know what Gil means...It will certainly be in English or maybe a Texanized version of such. !1

          To: About_Alfords@yahoogroups.com
          From: ken-dar@...
          Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 06:04:08 -0800