Fw: At A Tennessee Football Game--Not A Joke

  • Betty Davis
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3, 2011

      Subject: Fw: At A Tennessee Football Game--Not A Joke

      Subject: At a Tennessee Football Game---not a joke

      Christianity is now the target of persecution...
      THIS IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS! GOD BLESS EVERYONE WHO READS THIS AND PASSES IT ON.

      I FIND IT INTERESTING THAT A HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL CAN SEE THE PROBLEM, BUT OUR SOCIETY CANNOT.

      Tennessee
      Football
      This is a statement that was read over the PA sytem at the football game at
       Roane County High School , Kingston , Tennessee by school Principal, Jody McLeod

      "It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football games, to say a prayer and play the National Anthem, to honor God and Country."

      Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that saying a Prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law. As I understand the law at this time, I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it "an alternate life style," and if someone is offended, that's OK.

      I can use it to condone sexual promiscuity, by dispensing condoms and calling it, "safe sex." If someone is offended, that's OK.

      I can even use this public facility to present the merits of killing an unborn baby as a "viable! Means of birth control." If someone is offended, no problem...

      I can designate a school day as "Earth Day" and involve students in activities to worship religiously and praise the goddess "Mother Earth" and call it "ecology.."

      I can use literature, videos and presentations in the classroom that depicts people with strong, traditional Christian convictions as "simple minded" and "ignorant" and call it "enlightenment.."

      However, if anyone uses this facility to honor GOD and to ask HIM to Bless this event with safety and good sportsmanship, then Federal Case Law is violated.

      This appears to be inconsistent at best, and at worst, diabolical.

      Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything and anyone, except GOD and HIS Commandments.

      Nevertheless , as a school principal, I frequently ask staff and students to abide by rules with which they do not necessarily agree. For me to do otherwise would be inconsistent at best, and at worst, hypocritical. I suffer from that affliction enough unintentionally. I certainly do not need to add an intentional transgression.

      For this reason, I shall "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's," and refrain from praying at this time.

      " However, if you feel inspired to honor, praise and thank GOD and ask HIM,in the name of JESUS, to Bless this event, please feel free to do so
      .. As far as I know, that's not against the law----yet."

      One by one, the people in the stands bowed their heads, held hands with one another and began to pray.

      They prayed in the stands. They prayed in the team huddles. They prayed at the concession stand and they prayed in the Announcer's Box!

      The only place they didn't pray was in the Supreme Court of the United States of America- the Seat of "Justice" in the "one nation, under GOD."

      Somehow, Kingston , Tennessee Remembered what so many have forgotten. We are given the Freedom OF Religion, not the Freedom
      FROM ReligionPraise GOD that HIS remnant remains!

      JESUS said, "If you are ashamed of ME before men, then I will be ashamed of you before MY FATHER.."

      If you are not ashamed, pass this on ..

      I'm not one bit ashamed to pass this on, Are you?

      THIS IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS! GOD BLESS EVERYONE WHO READS THIS AND PASSES IT ON.

    • Phyllis Maher
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2011
        Alford,

        This is supposed to be about Alfords. Can we stop this forwarded stuff unless it’s about genealogy?

        Phyllis

      • ggshafer@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 2011
          Thanks, Phyllis, for speaking up. I agree with you completely. I tried saying the same thing on the Tracy family site and got lambasted as un-American and unworthy of the Tracy name.

          Gale Shafer
          19706 Silverside Drive
          Tinley Park, IL 60487
          (815)464-0509

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 4, 2011

            Speaking up is about as “All American” as you can get.  Thanks Phyllis and Tracy.

            We joined for Alford/Alvord information.

            Thanks,

            This is supposed to be about Alfords. Can we stop this forwarded stuff unless it’s about genealogy?

            Phyllis

            No virus found in this message.

          • Max Alford

              This is supposed to be about Alfords. Can we stop this forwarded stuff unless it’s about genealogy?

              Phyllis

            • Linda Smith
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 5, 2011
                There are many other ways and places to share 'sweet stories' or political truths.  I don't want to have to sort through unnecessary emails to find the genealogy information.
                Linda Berry Smith

                This is supposed to be about Alfords. Can we stop this forwarded stuff unless it’s about genealogy?

                Phyllis

              • Rahye Puckett
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 5, 2011
                  Since this is not a very active forum I don't quite understand the furor.  Simply hitting delete in regard to an email message is not difficult.  What is difficult is reading through the numerous whining emails about postings. I'm with Max: get over it.

                  Rahye Puckett
                  Sent from my iPhone