A Hearty Welcome 1

  • gilalford
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2010
      Hi!

      Welcome to About Alfords.

      For a while at least I am going to try to make it a daily practice to report to the group on the days activity. I'll probably do it about this time of the day.

      This first day we have three members not counting me. Lynn, Max, and Earl.

      I sent very long "personal" emails directly to AAFA #'s 1,2,3,4 and 5. I have been working with most of them since before AAFA. I am working from Max's recent member list and at present am only sending to folks who have attended at least one meeting and of course have email. I hope to do better tomorrow.

      I followed up that personal message with the standard Yahoo invite like you got. I also sent a Yahoo invite to 32 non-members who have been in touch with us before.

      Because you need to know the general content of this "long personal email" I will send a working draft, tailored for the most recent. to the three of you as an attachment to a regular email. I'm hoping for some useful feedback from them. JUST THINK- WE STARTED ALL THIS ALMOST 25 YEARS AGO. LOOK AROUND YOU AT ALL THAT HAS HAPPENED. THEN LOOK AT AAFA. HOW MUCH HAS IT CHANGED TO KEEP UP WITH THINGS.

      Thanks for signing up and helping get this started. I think the success of it all will the the warm responsive attitude that folks find when they send an email to the group. Soooo be as friendly and forthcoming as you can.

      I'm up todate on my end on the HOF thing we are doing. As I said in an earlier message I have input from three now. That includes Lynn but not you two guys.

      I don't know where it will go but I'll keep trying to lead it back to AAFA. -- The results - not the group.

      I'll appreciate any ideas or suggestions you may have. I'll also probably be able to use help with this as it progresses.

      Gil