606RE: [About_Alfords] Re: Andrew Jackson Alford

  • Jim Liptrap
    Mar 1, 2014

      Even when it is not my line. (I descend from Job Alford’s brother Jacob)  Anything ‘easy’ to find I already have, published, on-line, most manuscripts, etc.  Sometimes it’s fun to “plow fresh ground” even if, as this case, it was already on the Alford website.

      As Alicia observed, working back in time can be a challenge on the website, which does an excellent job showing descendants.  But to find your great-grandfather, you really need to know how he descended from the early Alfords.

      HINT for researchers on the Alford website – which I didn’t think to use earlier:

      Use Google Advanced Search. And tell it to search just the Alford website.  It looks like   "Andrew Jackson Alford" site:http://www.alfordassociation.org/  The right link for Alicia’s search is at the top of page 2.

      JJim