599RE: [About_Alfords] Looking for Alford information

  • Vieva Johnson
    Feb 27, 2014
      Can we assume you have checked all of the Censuses available? Have you posted on Roots Web boards? Search "google" books. I found info. there, that led me to a Court record of my Alford. Don't give up!

      To: about_alfords@yahoogroups.com
      From: staylorwrite@...
      Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 11:00:35 -0500
      Subject: RE: [About_Alfords] Looking for Alford information

      I have nothing either, I admit, I've never even heard of Andrew Jackson Alford.  But, surely someone has.  Go0od luck!

      To: About_Alfords@yahoogroups.com
      From: royjrb@...
      Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 10:51:36 -0500

      I don’t have anything about him either. My grandfather, James Alvin, was born in 1852 in S.C. and came to Georgia, Gwinnett County.
      Carolyn Beaty

      Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:57 AM

      Wish I had something to offer regarding Andrew Jackson Alford. Washington state? That sounds so strange but then again, I have a brother living there. Imagine the strength of will to make the journey 'back in the day'!

      On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:52 PM, Alicia Roundy Houston <arhouston@...> wrote:

      Hello all you Alfords!

      I am trying to solve an Alford puzzle and hope you can help.  Is anyone out there related to Andrew Jackson Alford, born about 1851 in Georgia, who married Ellen Turner, born about 1853 in Kentucky?  I believe the couple ended up in White county Arkansas where they raised their family, but I am having a hard time finding documentation.

      One branch ended up in Washington state -- imagine that!  They became Seahawks!

      Please send me some clues....
      Alicia Houston

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic