572Re: [About_Alfords] Re: Alvord

  • Jim Adams
    Jun 15, 2013
      Marti,

      I have finally been able to get some technical issues corrected. Here is what I have extracted from our Northern Alvord/Alford database:

      This information was extracted from Alvord Genealogy 1645-1908, published by Stanley Morgan Alvord, 1908.

      Thankful Miller, dau. William Miller; b. 4/25/1669, Northampton, Hampshire Co., MA; d. 3/30/1738, Northampton, Hampshire Co., MA; m.  Jonathan Alvord, 1/12/1693, Northampton, Hampshire Co., MA; b. 4/6/1669, Northampton, Hampshire Co., MA; d. 8/13/1729, Northampton, Hampshire Co., MA. Her sister, Mary Miller m1. Godfrey Nims; m2. Zebediah Williams.

      John Alvord, b. 10/19/1685, Northampton, Hampshire Co., MA; d. 11/21/1757, South Hadley, Hampshire Co., MA; m. Dorcas Lyman, 12/29/1708, Northampton, Hampshire Co., MA.

      Gad Alvord, s. John Alvord above; b. 1726, Northampton, Hampshire Co., MA; 5/11/1810, Wilmington, Windham Co., VT; m1. Lydia Smith, 11/17/1750; m2. Thankful (Wells) Holland, 2/24/1778, Greenfield, Franklin Co., MA.

      Seth Alvord, s. Gad Alvord; b. 6/29/1763, South Hadley, Hampshire Co., MA; d. 5/17/1835, Wilmington, Windham Co., VT.

      Your Joseph Alvord, Jr., b. 5/12/1733, Northampton, Hampshire Co., MA; d. Apr. 1805, Hamilton, Madison Co., NY; m1. Sarah Knight, 12/29/1759, Northampton, Hampshire Co., MA, d. 1/21/1776; m2, Submit Chapin, 2/2/1773, Northampton, Hampshire Co., MA; b. 5/12/1733, Northampton, Hampshire Co., MA; d. Apr. 1805, Hamilton, Madison Co., NY.

      Medad Alvord, according to the above noted source was b. 1/6/1738, not 1758, Northampton, Hampshire Co., MA; d. 5/15/1798, Northampton, Hampshire Co., MA; buried in the Bridge Street Cemetery, Northampton, Hampshire Co., MA; m1. Sarah Baker, 1772; b. 10/31/1742, Northampton, Hampshire Co., MA; d. 4/8/1790, Northampton, Hampshire Co., MA. m2. Betsy Lane, 5/10/1791, Northampton, Hampshire Co., MA; b. 8/27/1743; d. 1813-1820, Northampton, Hampshire Co., MA.

      The only thing I can tell you about the Wright family is that your Joseph’s mother was Clemence Wright and her father was Ebenezer Wright.

      On 5/31/2013 8:17 PM, Gilbert K. Alford wrote:

      Hi,

      I have copied Jim & Sue Adams & Lynn Shelley on this. Jim & Sue are the AAFA Branch managers of the Alvords and the related Alford branch that descends from Benedict Alford b. 1619 in England; Lynn is our research chair. Both should be able to help you.

      You did not say, but are you familiar with the 1908 800+ page Alvord book? Have you looked at the files on these families at www.alfordassociation.org?

      Sorry, don't expect any relationship to the flying Wright's in NC while your folks were probably in New England.

      Gil Alford, AAFA Corresponding Secretary

      Hi I am looking for any info on Thankful Miller Alvord, sister of Mary Miller.  Also Pvt Gad (l726, John l685 and Seth l763).  I believe this line married into my son's dad's line, so he is related to Alvord's on both sides.  Also my relative Joseph Alvord Jr had a brother named Medad Alvord who was in the French and Indian war.  l758 - l798.  We are also researching our patriots.  Thanks to any who can help.  One more question.  Does anyone know if the Alvord's who married into the Wright family, if the Wright's are related to Orvil and Wilbur.  My son also has the Wright connection on both sides when traced back far enough.  I am fascinated by this. Thanks for any help.  Marti