571Re: Revised May 2013 Newsletter - Different

  • Kathryn Schultz
    Jun 11, 2013
      Gil, I apologize for not replying sooner,
      but I do want to let you know that I have read
      all of your recent communications, though I never
      did locate the attachment you mentioned.

      I have been trying to think of suggestions for the online
      newsletter and meetings, but I have always thought
      that both are exceptional and any improvements
      would only be tweaks to already excellent programs.

      John and I both agree that alternating meeting locations
      between states with early Alford settlements and those
      with larger AAFA membership would be better than
      choosing one state for all future meetings.
      This is despite the fact that Texas and Houston
      were suggested, and most of John's family
      now lives in Houston.

      I have always thought that tours to the lands
      where the early Alfords resided would be
      as interesting as the tours to local attractions.
      They would be more interesting to me, but I do
      realize that they are often not near the larger cities
      where hotels suitable for meetings are located.
      One exception to that was Nashville, but no tours
      to Alford lands and cemeteries in the area
      were planned even then.

      Any way you can work out technologically for you
      to participate in the meetings would be great.

      We are definitely planning to make it to Raleigh
      and very much appreciate the choice of a pet-friendly hotel.

      Kathy Schultz
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic