563Re: [About_Alfords] Revised May 2013 Newsletter - Different

  • James W. Johnson
    Jun 8, 2013
      Gil, this was just an awesome job. It has all the earmarkings of a great newsletter. Did you have a lot of formatting issues? Thanks for the newsletter... j

      On Jun 7, 2013, at 5:09 PM, Gil Alford <gilalford@...> wrote:

      Well,

      Here it is.  I know some of you have been waiting for it with heated breath!! *:x lovestruck

      Please!!  At least crack it open and take a look at it.  Not only does it look different -- it IS different.

      This is done for you - the members of the association - and in the long run - for the association.

      YOU can change things if you have the right ideas and you make them known.  Sound off so the leadership (not me) can hear them.  But, you get it to me and I'll get it to the leaders.

      After I sent that messed up version the last day of May - within just a couple of days I heard from sixteen of you.  In most cases I got the impression that you had read the email that transmitted the newsletter but had not looked at the attachment.  I'll be responding to all of these, if I have not done so already --- but in most cases the response will be sent to or through About_Alfords.  If I don't hear from you then I will just assume that you did not receive this email and the attachment.

      We would appreciate it if you would respond to About_Alfords rather than to the olnl newsletter address.  To assist in that I am sending a copy of this to About_Alfords so maybe you'll find it easier to reply via that.

      On the 2nd page of the attached we talk about changes in format of future issues and the size attachments that might be involved.  The attached is 674KB.  Unfortunately we did not get as many photographs in the attached as hoped for.  We will try to change that for the June issue.  But, while the attached is heavy with text and with no links to speak of -- plans call for more links and less text in the future-- hopefully.

      I really do look forward to hearing from each and every one of you- and I am keeping score on who I hear from.  I would especially like to hear about the format and content of the newsletter and about the AAFA operations and families.

      Never hesitate to ask a question or make a suggestion.

      Gil Alford, Interim Newsletter Editor

      <olnl-may-2013.pdf>

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic