561Re: [About_Alfords] Re: Alvord

  • Marti Winkler
    Jun 5, 2013

      Hi again,  I am trying to get this email to Jim and Sue.  Please forward.  Thanks so much. I am copying 3 people from find a grave that I am trying to find out if they are related to my line which Is Benedict Alvord's younger brother, Alexander.  I am also in the line that Clemence Wright married Joseph Alvord.  It goes on down to Menzo Alvord, born in NY, and his wife Mary Walters.  They lived in Ind and Iowa.  We have never found either of their graves, and found Menzo around age 64 a a toll collector in KS.  Thanks for any help.

      Pvt Gad Alvord

      Birth: 1726
      Northampton
      Hampshire County
      Massachusetts, USA
      Death: May 11, 1810
      Wilmington
      Windham County
      Vermont, USA

      Son of John Alvord (1685-1757) and Dorcas (Lyman) Alvord (1690-1770).

      Husband of Lydia (Smith) Alvord (b. 1728) and Thankful (Wells) Holland Alvord (1741-1812).

      Father of Samuel Alvord (b. 1751), Rhoda Alvord (b. 1753), Lucina Alvord (1755-1763), Sybil Alvord (b. 1757), Gad Alvord (b. 1759), Asher Alvord (b. 1761), Seth Alvord (b. 1763), Zerah Alvord (b. 1765), Enos Alvord (b. 1768).

      Pvt, US Revolutionary War, Capt Enoch Chapin's Co, Col Elisha Porter's Reg. Enlisted Sept 24, 1777, Discharged Oct 18, 1777; service 1 mo in the Northern Department.

      Thanks to Cynthia Kaley-Guyette for transferring this memorial to me.

      Family links:
       Children:
        Zerah Alvord (1765 - 1845)*

      *Calculated relationship

      Inscription:
      Mass Mil Rev War

      Burial:
      Averell Cemetery
      Wilmington
      Windham County
      Vermont, USA

      Maintained by: Mike
      Originally Created by: Cynthia Kaley
      Record added: May 18, 2007
      Find A Grave Memorial# 19427577
      Hannah Nims Alvord

      Birth:
      Dec. 9, 1769
      Shelburne
      Franklin County
      Massachusetts, USA
      Death:
      Jun. 2, 1806
      Shelburne
      Franklin County
      Massachusetts, USA

      Family links:
       Parents:
        Daniel Nims (1731 - 1806)
        Charity Childs Nims (1736 - 1820)

       Spouse:
        Zerah Alvord (1765 - 1845)

       Children:
        Adolphus Alvord (1791 - 1852)*
        Epephus Alvord (1796 - 1862)*

      *Calculated relationship

      Inscription:
      Mrs Hannah wife of Mr Zarah Alvord
      died 2 June 1806
      ae 38
      -----------

      Burial:
      Hill Cemetery
      Shelburne
      Franklin County
      Massachusetts, USA
      Plot: Row H-9

      Maintained by: Mike

      Added by: DeeB

      Photos may be scaled.
      Click on image for full size.

      - Mike Appleby

      Added: Feb. 12, 2013
      a John Nims line descendant
      - PhotoGrapherInTheWoods

      Added: Dec. 16, 2012

      Pvt Gad Alvord
      Added by: Cynthia Kaley

      Pvt Gad Alvord
      Cemetery Photo
      Added by: Cynthia Kaley

      Photos may be scaled.
      Click on image for full size.

      - Mike Appleby
       Added: Feb. 12, 2013

      - Kevin Avery
       Added: Aug. 24, 2008

      - Just Another Woman of GOD
       Added: Apr. 23, 2008
      Marti Winkler <ssrb131353@...> wrote:

      Hi I am looking for any info on Thankful Miller Alvord, sister of Mary Miller.  Also Pvt Gad (l726, John l685 and Seth l763).  I believe this line married into my son's dad's line, so he is related to Alvord's on both sides.  Also my relative Joseph Alvord Jr had a brother named Medad Alvord who was in the French and Indian war.  l758 - l798.  We are also researching our patriots.  Thanks to any who can help.  One more question.  Does anyone know if the Alvord's who married into the Wright family, if the Wright's are related to Orvil and Wilbur.  My son also has the Wright connection on both sides when traced back far enough.  I am fascinated by this. Thanks for any help.  Marti

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic