Abhyasa Ashram Activities update - APR 5, 2012

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2012
      Local activities, online meetings and other programs
      Update: April 5, 2012

      505 Hooper Drive NW
      Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548

      Abhyasa Ashram is a meditation center which practices universal meditation as taught by the ancient lineage of yogis of the cave monasteries of the Himalayas. The tradition has no name, and is not affiliated with any of the institutions or religions of the plains of India or other countries surrounding the Himalayas, although individual meditators may personally align themselves with a wide variety of religions or institutions. We may refer to the tradition as "the tradition of the Himalayan masters" or "the Himalayan tradition", but that is for the sake of convenience, and is not a style or brand name as is popular these days. At Abhyasa Ashram we have aspirant training, not teacher training. Aspirants with various degrees of experience naturally teach others within the context of their own lives and modes of service.

      Details are at Meetup-dot-com calendar (our main calendar):

      Times below are central time in US (same as Chicago). Unless otherwise specified (such as "Online") all activities are at Abhyasa Ashram in Florida USA.

      See also the course site (http://abhyasaonline.com) for the discussion forums related to the topics below. Contact me if you want login info (please include your first and last name, city/country, and email address).

      FRI, Apr 6, 6:30pm: Open community, fellowship, satsang at the ashram

      SAT, Apr 7, 8:30am: Online: Emotions to Enlightenment by Swami Rama
      SAT, Apr 7, 7:30pm: Online: Enlightenment without God by Swami Rama

      SUN, Apr 8, 9:00am: Deep relaxation (Om Kriya)
      SUN, Apr 8, 10:00am: Center for Nondualism: (topic "Meanings of Easter")
      SUN, Apr 8, 4:00pm: Online: Bhagavad Gita
      MON, Apr 9, 4:00pm: Ashram: Bhagavad Gita

      WED, Apr 11, 12:00pm: Tripura Rahasya discussion (ashram)
      WED, Apr 11, 7:30pm: Online: Path of Fire and Light

      FRI, Apr 13, 6:30pm: Open community, fellowship, satsang at the ashram

      NOTE: If you are in the local area, you are welcome to sit in on the online discussions from here in the office of the ashram. Also, we sometimes transmit the local gatherings out through the online meeting service.

      Online login info is here:

      JAN-FEB 2012: Week-long retreats (see below under "special events").
      NOVEMBER, 2012: Meditation retreat in India
      (Members and Regular Participants will continue some gatherings at Abhyasa Ashram during this time; please talk with one another about details.)

      Weekend or week-long self-transformation retreats at the ashram for Members and Regular Participants of the ashram (by registration; contact for registration)

      Abhyasa Ashram calendar - main calendar is through meetup.com:

      Center for Nondualism calendar:

      DAILY: Daily meditations:
      6:30-7:30am: Meditation #1
      ..6:30-6:35am: Daily Mantras
      ..6:35-7:00am: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..7:00-7:30am: Meditation
      11:00-12:00pm: Meditation #2
      ..11:00-11:30am: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..11:30am-12:00pm: Meditation
      5:30-6:30pm: Meditation #3
      ..5:30-6:00pm: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..6:00-6:30pm: Meditation
      9:00-9:30pm: Meditation #4
      ..9:00-9:05pm: Daily Mantras
      ..9:05-9:10pm: Prep for Meditation (Brief Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..9:10-9:30pm: Meditation

      Members and regular visitors to the ashram are welcome to stop by at other reasonable times to use the meditation hall. There is a CD player and copies of the Yoga Nidra and Basic Meditation CDs by Swami Jnaneshvara, as well as guided Om and Sohum Sushumna Kriya practices; you are welcome to use these.

      RENOVATION/REPAIRS: Roof repairs seem to have worked, and there were no leaks during the last rains. We need to start saving up donation money to totally replace the roof, which will cost around $35,000 (current donations are covering current expenses, but not enough for such large expenses). A ceiling fan will be installed in the "living room" in the next few days; then we will explore putting ceiling fans in the dining room and the smaller.

      (membership through December 2012)

      LEARNING SITE: The learning site is now online at http://abhyasaonline.com . Outlines have been created for 25+ courses. The first phase has been to set up the topics within each course and to create discussion forums in each of them. Then we'll start to create the actual content. However, having the discussion forums will allow us to start immediately, especially with the books and videos we are reviewing both in the ashram and the online meetings we are already having. A little more info is here http://bit.ly/iktGmt. Let me know if you would like to participate, sending me your email, first and last name, city and country. If I will not recognize your name, please introduce yourself and let me know about your life and interests, and why you'd like to do this.

      FEES and DONATIONS: A special thanks is extended to the people who financially support the ashram. We charge no dues or fees, and the ashram operates on the loving donations of its members and participants.

      ONLINE Satsang
      We currently have seven online discussions per week. Look here for details:

      LEARNING SITE: The learning site is now online at http://abhyasaonline.com. See the announcement in the section above.

      Our approach to training is mostly individual, one-to-one as the way Yoga meditation and contemplation has been traditionally taught for thousands of years. Personal coaching is available by appointment most days at 9:30am or 2:30pm. Please call or write to schedule a time. Group training is also done in an intimate coaching setting.

      Members and regular participants may visit the ashram for meditation retreat. Contact me to discuss times and your specific activities.

      SUNDAY, 10:00-11:30am (The conversations are so lively and rich that we often don't end on time.)
      Meetings are held at the ashram with no rental charge.
      At 9:00-10:00am each week we have a Deep Relaxation session of one form or another. Details are announced each week
      MEETUP CALENDAR (this is the main calendar for the Center for Nondualism):