Abhyasa Ashram Activities update - OCT 1, 2011

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2011
      Update: October 1, 2011

      505 Hooper Drive NW

      CURRENT EVENTS CALENDARS
      **********************************
      Details are at Meetup-dot-com calendar (our main calendar):
      http://www.meetup.com/abhyasa-ashram/events/calendar/

      Times below are central time in US (same as Chicago). Unless otherwise specified (such as "Online") all activities are at Abhyasa Ashram in Florida USA.

      See also the new (as of September 2011) course site (http://abhyasaonline.com) for the discussion forums related to the topics below. Contact me if you want login info.

      SAT, Oct 1, 8:30am: Online: Sacred Journey by Swami Rama
      SAT, Oct 1, 9:30am: Coaching in systematic meditation as described in the Summary of Practices book
      SAT, Oct 1, 10:30am: Coaching in preparation for meditation (postures, relaxation, breathing)
      SAT, Oct 1, 11:30am: Silent Meditation (Daily schedule is below)
      SAT, Oct 1, 7:30pm: Online: The Path (an article on systematic meditation)

      SUN, Oct 2, 9:00am: deep relaxation (yoga nidra)
      SUN, Oct 2, 10:00am: Center for Nondualism: (topic "Intimacy")
      SUN, Oct 2, 4:00pm: Online: Bhagavad Gita

      MON, Oct 3, 1:00pm: Online: Arun's satsang, Meditation and Its Practice
      MON, Oct 3, 2:00pm: Ashram: Anatomy and other educational DVDs
      MON, Oct 3, 4:00pm: Ashram: Bhagavad Gita

      WED, Oct 5, 12:00pm: Enlightenment without God discussion (ashram)
      WED, Oct 5, 7:30pm: Online: Yoga Sutras

      THU, Oct 6, 1:30pm: Online: Jennifer's satsang

      FRI, Oct 7, 6:30pm: Open community, fellowship, satsang

      NOTE: If you are in the local area, you are welcome to sit in on the online discussions from here in the office of the ashram. Also, we sometimes transmit the local gatherings out through the online meeting service.

      Online login info is here:

      UPCOMING:
      **********************************
      NOV 14 - Dec 4: Meditation retreat in India
      MAR 6-27, 2012: Meditation retreat in India
      DEC 22 - JAN 2: Holiday retreat at Abhyasa Ashram for members and active participants (by reservation)
      JAN-FEB 2012: Week-long retreats; topics TBA.

      **********************************
      ONGOING:
      **********************************
      Weekend or week-long self-transformation retreats at the ashram for Members and Regular Participants of the ashram (by registration; contact for registration)

      **********************************
      CALENDARS and CONNECTIONS:
      **********************************
      Abhyasa Ashram calendar - main calendar is through meetup.com:
      http://www.meetup.com/abhyasa-ashram/#calendar

      Center for Nondualism calendar:
      http://www.meetup.com/center-for-nondualism/#calendar
      Website:
      http://centerfornondualism.org
      Facebook:
      https://www.facebook.com/swamij

      **********************************
      DAILY: Daily meditations:
      **********************************
      6:30-7:30am: Meditation #1
      ..6:30-6:35am: Daily Mantras
      ..6:35-7:00am: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..7:00-7:30am: Meditation
      11:00-12:00pm: Meditation #2
      ..11:00-11:30am: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..11:30am-12:00pm: Meditation
      5:30-6:30pm: Meditation #3
      ..5:30-6:00pm: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..6:00-6:30pm: Meditation
      9:00-9:30pm: Meditation #4
      ..9:00-9:05pm: Daily Mantras
      ..9:05-9:10pm: Prep for Meditation (Brief Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..9:10-9:30pm: Meditation

      Members and regular visitors to the ashram are welcome to stop by at other reasonable times to use the meditation hall. There is a CD player and copies of the Yoga Nidra and Basic Meditation CDs by Swami Jnaneshvara; you are welcome to use these.

      RENOVATION/REPAIRS: Cabinets are 90% installed, only needing finishing touches. We're still waiting for the leaking roof to be repaired; unfortunately we already paid the bill, and the roofer seems not too inspired to complete the repairs. Our second air conditioner has been replaced; the good news is that with two new air conditioners, they should last us many years.

      https://sites.google.com/site/abhyasaashram/connections/membership
      (It is now membership renewal time for membership through December 2012)

      SELF-AWARENESS TRAINING PROGRAM: After a very long time in preparation, the program has started. Let me know if you want to participate. Here is info:
      http://bit.ly/lDAIDp

      LEARNING SITE: The learning site is now online at http://abhyasaonline.com . Outlines have been created for 20+ courses. The first phase has been to set up the topics within each course and to create discussion forums in each of them. Then we'll start to create the actual content. However, having the discussion forums will allow us to start immediately, especially with the books and videos we are reviewing both in the ashram and the online meetings we are already having. A little more info is here bit.ly/iktGmt. Let me know if you would like to participate, sending me your email, first and last name, city and country. If I will not recognize your name, please introduce yourself and let me know about your life and interests, and why you'd like to do this.

      FEES and DONATIONS: A special thanks is extended to the people who financially support the ashram. We charge no dues or fees, and the ashram operates on the loving donations of its members and participants.

      We currently have six online discussions per week. Look here for details:

      LEARNING SITE: The learning site is now online at http://abhyasaonline.com. See the announcement in the section above.

      Our approach to training is mostly individual, one-to-one as the way Yoga meditation and contemplation has been traditionally taught for thousands of years. Personal coaching is available by appointment most days at 9:30am or 2:30pm. Please call or write to schedule a time. Group training is also done in an intimate coaching setting.

      UPCOMING (dates to be announced soon)
      Week of Yoga Sutras
      Week of Yoga Nidra
      Week of Chakras (Balancing/Purifying through Bhuta Shuddhi, Om and Sohum kriyas)
      Week of Om

      At 9:00-10:00am each week we have a Deep Relaxation session of one form or another. Details are announced each week
      MEETUP CALENDAR (this is the main calendar for the Center for Nondualism):
      http://www.meetup.com/center-for-nondualism/events/calendar/