Abhyasa Ashram Activities update - SEP 9, 2011

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2011
      Update: September 9, 2011

      505 Hooper Drive NW

      CURRENT EVENTS CALENDARS
      **********************************
      Details are at Meetup-dot-com calendar (our main calendar):
      http://www.meetup.com/abhyasa-ashram/events/calendar/

      Times below are central time in US (same as Chicago). Unless otherwise specified (such as "Online") all activities are at Abhyasa Ashram in Florida USA.

      See also the new (as of Sep 5, 2011) course site (http://abhyasaonline.com) for the discussion forums related to the topics below.

      WED, Sep 7, 12:00pm: Enlightenment without God discussion (ashram)
      ...(See also the course site for the discussion forum)
      WED, Sep 7, 7:30pm: Online: Yoga Sutras
      ...(See also the course site for the discussion forum)
      FRI, Sep 9, 9:30am: Online: Jennifer's satsang
      SAT, Sep 10, 8:30am: Online: Sacred Journey by Swami Rama
      ...(See also the course site for the discussion forum)
      SAT, Sep 10, 9:30am: Discussion of Summary of Practices
      SAT, Sep 10, 10:30am: Preparation for meditation (postures, relaxation, breathing)
      SAT, Sep 10, 11:30am: Silent Meditation
      SAT, Sep 10, 7:30pm: Online: Tripura Rahasya (or The Path, if completed by this date)
      ...(See also the course site for the discussion forum)
      SUN, Sep 11, 9:00am: Guided meditation/relaxation (30-min Basic Meditation this week)
      SUN, Sep 11, 10:00am: Center for Nondualism: (topic "Giving and Receiving")
      SUN, Sep 11, 4:00pm: Online: Bhagavad Gita
      ...(See also the course site for the discussion forum)
      MON, Sep 12, 1:00pm: Online: Arun's satsang, Meditation and Its Practice
      ...(See also the course site for the discussion forum)
      MON, Sep 12, 2:00pm: Ashram: Anatomy and other educational DVDs
      MON, Sep 12, 4:00pm: Ashram: Bhagavad Gita
      ...(See also the course site for the discussion forum)
      WED, Sep 14, 12:00pm: Enlightenment without God discussion (ashram)
      ...(See also the course site for the discussion forum)
      WED, Sep 14, 7:30pm: Online: Yoga Sutras
      ...(See also the course site for the discussion forum)
      FRI, Sep 16, 9:30am: Online: Jennifer's satsang
      FRI, Sep 16, 7:30pm: Video at the ashram: The Lord is not on Trial Here.
      Trailer: http://video.pbs.org/video/1897798911/
      SAT, Sep 17, 8:30am: Online: Sacred Journey by Swami Rama
      ...(See also the course site for the discussion forum)
      SAT, Sep 17, 9:30am: Discussion of Summary of Practices
      SAT, Sep 17, 10:30am: Preparation for meditation (postures, relaxation, breathing)
      SAT, Sep 17, 11:30am: Silent Meditation
      SAT, Sep 17, 7:30pm: Online: Tripura Rahasya (or The Path, if completed by this date)
      ...(See also the course site for the discussion forum)

      NOTE: If you are in the local area, you are welcome to sit in on the online discussions from here in the office of the ashram. Also, we sometimes transmit the local gatherings out through the online meeting service.

      Online login info is here:

      UPCOMING:
      NOV 14 - Dec 4: Meditation retreat in India
      MAR 6-27, 2012: Meditation retreat in India
      DEC 22 - JAN 2: Holiday retreat at Abhyasa Ashram for members and active participants (by reservation)

      **********************************
      CALENDARS and CONNECTIONS:
      **********************************
      Abhyasa Ashram calendar - main calendar is through meetup.com:
      http://www.meetup.com/abhyasa-ashram/#calendar

      Center for Nondualism calendar:
      http://www.meetup.com/center-for-nondualism/#calendar
      Website:
      http://centerfornondualism.org
      Facebook:
      https://www.facebook.com/swamij

      **********************************
      DAILY: Daily meditations:
      **********************************
      6:30-7:30am: Meditation #1
      ..6:30-6:35am: Daily Mantras
      ..6:35-7:00am: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..7:00-7:30am: Meditation
      11:00-12:00pm: Meditation #2
      ..11:00-11:30am: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..11:30am-12:00pm: Meditation
      5:30-6:30pm: Meditation #3
      ..5:30-6:00pm: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..6:00-6:30pm: Meditation
      9:00-10:00pm: Meditation #4
      ..9:00-9:05pm: Daily Mantras
      ..9:05-9:15pm: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..9:15-9:45pm: Meditation

      Members and regular visitors to the ashram are welcome to stop by at other reasonable times to use the meditation hall. There is a CD player and copies of the Yoga Nidra and Basic Meditation CDs by Swami Jnaneshvara; you are welcome to use these.

      RENOVATION/REPAIRS: Cabinets will be installed in the kitchen this week. The leaking roof has been repaired. However, we have just had several days of heavy rains and the roof is still leaking into the library. David will be following through with the roofer.

      https://sites.google.com/site/abhyasaashram/connections/membership
      (It is now membership renewal time for membership through December 2012)

      SELF-AWARENESS TRAINING PROGRAM: After a very long time in preparation, the program has started. Let me know if you want to participate. Here is info:
      http://bit.ly/lDAIDp

      LEARNING SITE: The learning site is now online at http://abhyasaonline.com . Outlines have been created for 20+ courses. The first phase has been to set up the topics within each course and to create discussion forums in each of them. Then we'll start to create the actual content. However, having the discussion forums will allow us to start immediately, especially with the books and videos we are reviewing both in the ashram and the online meetings we are already having. A little more info is here bit.ly/iktGmt. Let me know if you would like to participate, sending me your email, first and last name, city and country. If I will not recognize your name, please introduce yourself and let me know about your life and interests, and why you'd like to do this.

      We currently have six online discussions per week. Look here for details:

      LEARNING SITE: The learning site is now online at http://abhyasaonline.com. See the announcement in the section above.

      Our approach to training is mostly individual, one-to-one as the way Yoga meditation and contemplation has been traditionally taught for thousands of years. Personal coaching is available by appointment most days at 9:30am or 2:30pm. Please call or write to schedule a time. Group training is also done in an intimate coaching setting.

      UPCOMING (dates to be announced soon)
      Week of Yoga Sutras
      Week of Yoga Nidra
      Week of Chakras (Balancing/Purifying through Bhuta Shuddhi, Om and Sohum kriyas)
      Week of Om

      At 9:00-10:00am each week we have a Deep Relaxation session of one form or another. Details are announced each week
      MEETUP CALENDAR (this is the main calendar for the Center for Nondualism):
      http://www.meetup.com/center-for-nondualism/events/calendar/