Abhyasa Ashram Activities update - AUG 28, 2011

  • AbhyasaAshram-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2011
      Update: August 28, 2011

      505 Hooper Drive NW

      CURRENT EVENTS CALENDARS
      **********************************
      Details are at Meetup-dot-com calendar (our main calendar):
      http://www.meetup.com/abhyasa-ashram/events/calendar/

      Times below are central time in US (same as Chicago). Unless otherwise specified (such as "Online") all activities are at Abhyasa Ashram.

      SUN, Aug 28, 9:00am: Deep relaxation (sohum kriya)
      SUN, Aug 28, 10:00am: Center for Nondualism: ("Here in the Heart")
      SUN, Aug 28, 4:00pm: Online: Bhagavad Gita
      MON, Aug 29, 1:00pm: Online satsang: Arun's satsang
      MON, Aug 29, 2:00pm: Anatomy DVDs at ashram
      MON, Aug 29, 4:00pm: Ashram: Bhagavad Gita
      WED, Aug 31, 12:00pm: Enlightenment without God discussion (ashram)
      WED, Aug 31, 7:30pm: Online: Yoga Sutras
      FRI, Sep 2, 9:30am: Online satsang: Jennifer's satsang
      SAT, Sep 3, 8:30am: Online: Sacred Journey by Swami Rama
      SAT, Sep 3, 9:30am: Discussion of Summary of Practices
      SAT, Sep 3, 10:30am: Preparation for meditation (postures, relaxation, breathing)
      SAT, Sep 3, 11:30am: Silent Meditation
      SAT, Sep 3, 7:30pm: Online: Tripura Rahasya (or tba, if completed by this date)
      SUN, Sep 4, 9:00am: Deep relaxation (specific practice tba)
      SUN, Sep 4, 10:00am: Center for Nondualism: (topic tba)
      SUN, Sep 4, 4:00pm: Online: Bhagavad Gita
      MON, Sep 5, 1:00pm: Online satsang: Arun's satsang
      MON, Sep 5, 2:00pm: Anatomy DVDs at ashram
      MON, Sep 5, 4:00pm: Ashram: Bhagavad Gita

      NOTE: If you are in the local area, you are welcome to sit in on the online discussions from here in the office of the ashram. If there is ever too little room, we can shift into the classroom with the laptop. Also, we sometimes transmit the local gatherings out through the online meeting service.

      Online login info is here:

      UPCOMING:
      NOV 14 - Dec 4: Meditation retreat in India

      CALENDARS and CONNECTIONS:
      **********************************
      Abhyasa Ashram calendar - main calendar is through meetup.com:
      http://www.meetup.com/abhyasa-ashram/#calendar

      Center for Nondualism calendar:
      http://www.meetup.com/center-for-nondualism/#calendar
      Website:
      http://centerfornondualism.org
      Facebook:
      https://www.facebook.com/swamij

      **********************************
      DAILY: Daily meditations:
      **********************************
      6:30-7:30am: Meditation #1
      ..6:30-6:35am: Daily Mantras
      ..6:35-7:00am: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..7:00-7:30am: Meditation
      11:00-12:00pm: Meditation #2
      ..11:00-11:30am: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..11:30am-12:00pm: Meditation
      5:30-6:30pm: Meditation #3
      ..5:30-6:00pm: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..6:00-6:30pm: Meditation
      9:00-10:00pm: Meditation #4
      ..9:00-9:05pm: Daily Mantras
      ..9:05-9:15pm: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..9:15-9:45pm: Meditation

      Members and regular visitors to the ashram are welcome to stop by at other reasonable times to use the meditation hall. There is a CD player and copies of the Yoga Nidra and Basic Meditation CDs by Swami Jnaneshvara; you are welcome to use these.

      RENOVATION/REPAIRS: Cabinets will be installed in the kitchen in coming weeks. The leaking roof has been repaired; now we're waiting for rain to see how it's working.

      https://sites.google.com/site/abhyasaashram/connections/membership
      (It is now membership renewal time for membership through December 2012)

      SELF-AWARENESS TRAINING PROGRAM: After a very long time in preparation, the program has started. Let me know if you want to participate. Here is info:
      http://bit.ly/lDAIDp

      We currently have six online discussions per week. Look here for details:

      Our approach to training is mostly individual, one-to-one as the way Yoga meditation and contemplation has been traditionally taught for thousands of years. Personal coaching is available by appointment most days at 9:30am or 2:30pm. Please call or write to schedule a time. Group training is also done in an intimate coaching setting.

      UPCOMING
      Week of Yoga Sutras
      Week of Yoga Nidra
      Week of Om

      At 9:00-10:00am each week we have a Deep Relaxation session of one form or another. Details are announced each week
      MEETUP CALENDAR (this is the main calenar for the Center for Nondualism):
      http://www.meetup.com/center-for-nondualism/events/calendar/