Abhyasa Ashram Activities update - JULY 12, 2011

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2011
      Abhyasa Ashram Activities update - JULY 12, 2011

      Update: July 12, 2011

      505 Hooper Drive NW

      CURRENT EVENTS CALENDARS
      **********************************
      Details are at Meetup.com and the Facebook Events of Swami Jnaneshvara (the Meetup.com calendar is our main calendar and the one you want to visit most often):
      http://www.meetup.com/abhyasa-ashram/events/calendar/
      https://www.facebook.com/swamij

      NEW: Please note that we have started NEW online meetings most weeks on Monday, 2:00pm and Wednesday, 4:00pm, both central time in US (same as Chicago).

      WED, July 13, 12:00pm: Enlightenment without God (ashram)
      WED, July 13, 4:00pm: Online satsang: Mark's satsang
      WED, July 13, 7:30pm: Online: Freedom from the Bondage of Karma
      THU, July 14, 6:30pm: Guru Purnima celebration at the ashram
      FRI, July 15, 9:30am: Online satsang: Jennifer's satsang (Tri will start)
      FRI-MON, July 15-18: Swami Jnaneshvara in New York City (Jennifer arranging)
      SAT, July 16, 8:30am: Online satsang (Tri will start)
      SAT, July 16, 7:30pm: Online: Tripura Rahasya (Tri will start)
      SUN, July 17, 10:00am: Center for Nondualism: "Perceptions & Conceptions"
      SUN, July 17, 4:00pm: Online Bhagavad Gita (Tri will start)
      MON, July 18, 2:00pm: Online satsang: Arun's satsang (Tri will start)
      MON, July 18, 2:00pm: Anatomy DVDs at ashram
      MON, July 18, 4:00pm: Ashram: Bhagavad Gita (Tri will start)
      WED, July 20, 12:00pm: Enlightenment without God (ashram)
      WED, July 20, 4:00pm: Online satsang: Mark's satsang
      WED, July 20, 7:30pm: Online: Freedom from the Bondage of Karma
      FRI, July 22, 9:30am: Online satsang: Jennifer's satsang
      SAT, July 23, 8:30am: Online: Meditation and Its Practice by Swami Rama
      SAT, July 23, 7:30pm: Online: Tripura Rahasya (tantra text)
      SUN, July 24, 10:00am: Center for Nondualism: (Topic TBA)
      SUN, July 24, 4:00pm: Online Bhagavad Gita
      MON, July 25, 2:00pm: Online satsang: Arun's satsang
      MON, July 25, 2:00pm: Anatomy DVDs at ashram
      MON, July 25, 4:00pm: Ashram: Bhagavad Gita
      WED, July 27, 12:00pm: Enlightenment without God (ashram)
      WED, July 27, 4:00pm: Online satsang: Mark's satsang
      WED, July 27, 7:30pm: Online: Freedom from the Bondage of Karma

      NOTE: If you are in the local area, you are welcome to sit in on the online discussions from here in the office of the ashram. If there is ever too little room, we can shift into the classroom with the laptop. Also, we sometimes transmit the local gatherings out through the online meeting service.

      Online login info is here:

      UPCOMING:
      JUL 15-18: Satsang in New York City. Jennifer is making arrangements.
      AUG 20, 9:30am -- AUG 27, 12:00pm: A week of Om (see Meetup calendar)

      **********************************
      CALENDARS and CONNECTIONS:
      **********************************
      Abhyasa Ashram calendar - main calendar is through meetup.com:
      http://www.meetup.com/abhyasa-ashram/#calendar

      Center for Nondualism calendar:
      http://www.meetup.com/center-for-nondualism/#calendar
      Website:
      http://centerfornondualism.org
      Facebook:
      https://www.facebook.com/swamij

      **********************************
      DAILY: Daily meditations:
      **********************************
      6:30-7:30am: Meditation #1
      ..6:30-6:35am: Daily Mantras
      ..6:35-7:00am: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..7:00-7:30am: Meditation
      11:00-12:00pm: Meditation #2
      ..11:00-11:30am: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..11:30am-12:00pm: Meditation
      5:30-6:30pm: Meditation #3
      ..5:30-6:00pm: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..6:00-6:30pm: Meditation
      9:00-10:00pm: Meditation #4
      ..9:00-9:05pm: Daily Mantras
      ..9:05-9:15pm: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..9:15-9:45pm: Meditation

      Members and regular visitors to the ashram are welcome to stop by at other reasonable times to use the meditation hall. There is a CD player and copies of the Yoga Nidra and Basic Meditation CDs by Swami Jnaneshvara; you are welcome to use these.

      RENOVATION/REPAIRS: Cabinets for the kitchen are being professionally built by Joe Doheny and should be ready in about a month. We have just purchased a washing machine for towels, sheets, etc. and Swami J (the new plumber) has finally stopped the leaking water connections. The air conditioner on the north end of the building broke and was replaced last week.

      https://sites.google.com/site/abhyasaashram/connections/membership

      SELF-AWARENESS TRAINING PROGRAM: After a very long time in preparation, the program has started. Let me know if you want to participate. Here is info:
      https://sites.google.com/site/abhyasaashram/-training-programs

      We currently have six online discussions per week. Look here for details:

      Our approach to training is mostly individual, one-to-one as the way Yoga meditation and contemplation has been traditionally taught for thousands of years. Personal coaching is available by appointment most days at 9:30am or 2:30pm. Please call or write to schedule a time. Group training is also done in an intimate coaching setting.

      JUL 15-18: Satsang in New York City

      MEETUP CALENDAR (this is the main calenar for the Center for Nondualism):
      http://www.meetup.com/center-for-nondualism/events/calendar/