Abhyasa Ashram Activities update - JUNE 24, 2011

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24 6:25 AM
      Abhyasa Ashram Activities update - JUNE 24, 2011

      Update: June 24, 2011

      505 Hooper Drive NW

      CURRENT EVENTS CALENDARS
      **********************************
      Details are at Meetup.com and the Facebook Events of Swami Jnaneshvara:
      http://www.meetup.com/abhyasa-ashram/events/calendar/
      https://www.facebook.com/swamij

      DAILY: 4 meditations per day; see below for times
      FRI, June 24, 9:30am: Online satsang: Jennifer's satsang
      FRI, June 24, 7:00pm: Continuation of Anatomy videos (ashram +online)
      SAT, June 25, 8:30am: Online: Meditation and Its Practice by Swami Rama
      SAT, June 25, 9:30am: Summary of Practices; training and review
      SAT, June 25, 2:00pm: Continuation of Anatomy videos (ashram +online)
      SAT, June 25, 7:30pm: Online: Tripura Rahasya (tantra text)
      SUN, June 26, 10:00am: Center for Nondualism: "Justice"
      SUN, June 26, 4:00pm: Online Bhagavad Gita
      MON, June 27, 4:00pm: Ashram: Bhagavad Gita
      WED, June 29, 12:00pm: Enlightenment without God (ashram)
      WED, June 29, 7:30pm: Online: Freedom from the Bondage of Karma
      FRI, July 1, 9:30am: Online satsang: Jennifer's satsang
      FRI July 1 - SAT, JUL 2: Bindu (See below and the online calendars)

      NOTE: If you are in the local area, you are welcome to sit in on the online discussions from here in the office of the ashram. If there is ever too little room, we can shift into the classroom with the laptop. Also, we sometimes transmit the local gatherings out through the online meeting service.

      Online login info is here:

      UPCOMING:

      JUL 15-17: Satsang in New York City. Jennifer is making arrangements.

      FRI JUL 1 - SAT, JUL 2: Discussion and six guided practices from the "Bindu: Pinnacle of the Three Streams of Yoga, Vedanta and Tantra" article at:
      http://www.swamij.com/bindu.htm
      Friday evening 7:00pm, Saturday morning 9:00am, Saturday afternoon 1:00pm

      **********************************
      CALENDARS and CONNECTIONS:
      **********************************
      Abhyasa Ashram calendar - main calendar is through meetup.com:
      http://www.meetup.com/abhyasa-ashram/#calendar

      Center for Nondualism calendar:
      http://www.meetup.com/center-for-nondualism/#calendar
      Website:
      http://centerfornondualism.org
      Facebook:
      https://www.facebook.com/swamij

      **********************************
      DAILY: Daily meditations:
      **********************************
      6:30-7:30am: Meditation #1
      ..6:30-6:35am: Daily Mantras
      ..6:35-7:00am: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..7:00-7:30am: Meditation
      11:00-12:00pm: Meditation #2
      ..11:00-11:30am: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..11:30am-12:00pm: Meditation
      5:30-6:30pm: Meditation #3
      ..5:30-6:00pm: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..6:00-6:30pm: Meditation
      9:00-10:00pm: Meditation #4
      ..9:00-9:05pm: Daily Mantras
      ..9:05-9:15pm: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..9:15-9:45pm: Meditation

      Members and regular visitors to the ashram are welcome to stop by at other reasonable times to use the meditation hall. There is a CD player and copies of the Yoga Nidra and Basic Meditation CDs by Swami Jnaneshvara; you are welcome to use these.

      RENOVATION: We still anticipate the renovation of the new kitchen and laundry room, although there is not currently a construction timetable. People are still loving the meditation hall and the new exterior signs. The plumbing leak has been repaired out of the kindness of Reggie.

      https://sites.google.com/site/abhyasaashram/connections/membership

      SELF-AWARENESS TRAINING PROGRAM: After a very long time in preparation, the program has started. Let me know if you want to participate. Here is info:
      https://sites.google.com/site/abhyasaashram/-training-programs

      We currently have five online discussions per week. Look here for details:

      Our approach to training is mostly individual, one-to-one as the way Yoga meditation and contemplation has been traditionally taught for thousands of years. Personal coaching is available by appointment most days at 9:30am or 2:30pm. Please call or write to schedule a time. Group training is also done in an intimate coaching setting.

      JUL 15-18: Satsang in New York City

      MEETUP CALENDAR:
      http://www.meetup.com/center-for-nondualism/events/calendar/