Abhyasa Ashram Activities update - JUNE 7, 2011

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2011
      Abhyasa Ashram Activities update - JUNE 7, 2011

      Update: June 7, 2011

      505 Hooper Drive

      CURRENT EVENTS CALENDARS
      **********************************
      Details are at Meetup.com and the Facebook Events of Swami Jnaneshvara:
      http://www.meetup.com/abhyasa-ashram/events/calendar/
      https://www.facebook.com/swamij

      WED, June 8, 12:00pm: Enlightenment without God at the ashram
      WED, June 8, 7:30pm: Online: Freedom from the Bondage of Karma
      FRI, June 10, 9:30am: Online satsang: Jennifer's satsang
      SAT, June 11, 8:30am: Online: Meditation and Its Practice by Swami Rama
      SAT, June 11, 12:00pm: Anatomy for Yoga
      SAT, June 11, 7:30pm: Online: Tripura Rahasya (tantra text)
      SUN, June 12, 10:00am: Center for Nondualism "Anger"
      SUN, June 12, 4:00pm: Online Bhagavad Gita
      MON, June 13, 4:00pm: Bhagavad Gita at the ashram
      WED, June 15, 7:30pm: Online: Freedom from the Bondage of Karma
      FRI JUL 1 - SAT, JUL 2: Bindu (See below and the online calendars)

      NOTE: If you are in the local area, you are welcome to sit in on the online discussions from here in the office of the ashram. If there is ever too little room, we can shift into the classroom with the laptop. Also, we sometimes transmit the local gatherings out through the online meeting service.

      Online login info is here:

      UPCOMING:

      FRI JUL 1 - SAT, JUL 2: Discussion and six guided practices from the "Bindu: Pinnacle of the Three Streams of Yoga, Vedanta and Tantra" article at:
      http://www.swamij.com/bindu.htm
      Friday evening 7:00pm, Saturday morning 9:00am, Saturday afternoon 1:00pm

      Yoga for Anatomy: Scheduled for June 11, this will be repeated soon; most likely July.

      **********************************
      CALENDARS and CONNECTIONS:
      **********************************
      Abhyasa Ashram calendar:

      Center for Nondualism calendar:
      http://www.meetup.com/center-for-nondualism/events/calendar/
      Website:
      http://centerfornondualism.org
      Facebook:
      https://www.facebook.com/swamij

      **********************************
      DAILY: Daily meditations include:
      **********************************
      6:30-7:30am: Meditation #1
      ..6:30-6:35: Daily Mantras
      ..6:35-7:00: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      ..7:00-7:30: Meditation
      11:00-12:00pm: Meditation #2
      ..11:00-11:30am: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      ..11:30am-12:00pm: Meditation
      5:30-6:30pm: Meditation #3
      ..5:30-6:00pm: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      ..6:00-6:30pm: Meditation
      9:00-10:00pm: Meditation #4
      ..9:00-9:05: Daily Mantras
      ..9:05-9:30: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      ..9:30-10:00: Meditation

      Members and regular visitors to the ashram are welcome to stop by at other reasonable times to use the meditation hall. There is a CD player and copies of the Yoga Nidra and Basic Meditation CDs by Swami Jnaneshvara; you are welcome to use these.

      RENOVATION: We still anticipate the renovation of the new kitchen and laundry room, although there is not currently a construction timetable. People are still loving the new exterior signs.

      https://sites.google.com/site/abhyasaashram/connections/membership

      SELF-AWARENESS TRAINING PROGRAM: After a very long time in preparation, the program has started. Let me know if you want to participate. Here is info:
      https://sites.google.com/site/abhyasaashram/-training-programs

      We currently have five online discussions per week. Look here for details:

      Our approach to training is mostly individual, one-to-one as the way Yoga meditation and contemplation has been traditionally taught for thousands of years. Personal coaching is available by appointment most days at 9:30am or 2:30pm. Please call or write to schedule a time.

      JUN 21-23: Satsang in Pittsburgh
      JUL 15-18: Satsang in New York City

      MEETUP CALENDAR:
      http://www.meetup.com/center-for-nondualism/events/calendar/