Abhyasa Ashram Activities update - JUNE 1, 2011

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2011
      Abhyasa Ashram Activities update - JUNE 1, 2011

      Update: June 1, 2011

      505 Hooper Drive

      CURRENT EVENTS CALENDARS
      **********************************

      FRI, June 3, 9:30am: Online satsang: Jennifer's satsang
      FRI, June 3, 7:00pm: Yoga Nidra at the ashram (7:00-8:00 discussion; 8:00-9:00 practice)
      SAT, June 4, 8:30am: Online: Meditation and Its Practice by Swami Rama
      SAT, June 4, 7:30pm: Online: Tripura Rahasya (tantra text)
      SUN, June 5, 10:00am: Center for Nondualism "Ignorance is Bliss"
      SUN, June 5, 4:00pm: Online Bhagavad Gita
      MON, June 7, 4:00pm: Bhagavad Gita at the ashram
      WED, June 8, 12:00pm: Enlightenment without God at the ashram
      WED, June 8, 7:30pm: Online: Freedom from the Bondage of Karma
      FRI, June 10, 9:30am: Online satsang: Jennifer's satsang
      SAT, June 11, 8:30am: Online: Meditation and Its Practice by Swami Rama
      SAT, June 11, 7:30pm: Online: Tripura Rahasya (tantra text)

      NOTE: If you are in the local area, you are welcome to sit in on the online discussions from here in the office of the ashram. If there is ever too little room, we can shift into the classroom with the laptop. Also, we sometimes transmit the local gatherings out through the online meeting service.

      UPCOMING (dates to be announced, probably in July: Fri eve, Sat morning, Sat afternoon): Weekend on Bindu: Pinnacle of the Three Streams of Yoga, Vedanta and Tantra

      Abhyasa Ashram calendar:

      Center for Nondualism calendar:
      http://www.meetup.com/center-for-nondualism/events/calendar/
      Website:
      http://centerfornondualism.org
      Facebook:
      https://www.facebook.com/swamij

      **********************************
      DAILY: Daily meditations include:
      **********************************

      6:30-7:30am: Meditation #1
      ..6:30-6:35: Daily Mantras
      ..6:35-7:00: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      ..7:00-7:30: Meditation
      11:00-12:00pm: Meditation #2
      ..11:00-11:30am: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      ..11:30am-12:00pm: Meditation
      5:30-6:30pm: Meditation #3
      ..5:30-6:00pm: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      ..6:00-6:30pm: Meditation
      9:00-10:00pm: Meditation #4
      ..9:00-9:05: Daily Mantras
      ..9:05-9:30: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      ..9:30-10:00: Meditation

      RENOVATION: Beautiful new signs have been installed outside the ashram. Meditation hall is complete. Fans have been installed. Sometime soon we will begin on the kitchen.

      https://sites.google.com/site/abhyasaashram/connections/membership

      SELF-AWARENESS TRAINING PROGRAM: After a very long time in preparation, the program has started. Let me know if you want to participate. Here is info:
      https://sites.google.com/site/abhyasaashram/-training-programs

      We currently have five online discussions per week. Look here for details:

      Our approach to training is mostly individual, one-to-one as the way Yoga meditation and contemplation has been traditionally taught for thousands of years. Personal coaching is available by appointment most days at 9:30am or 2:30pm. Please call or write to schedule a time.

      Summer 2011: Satsangs in Pittsburgh and New York City
      (Dates and times to be announced)

      MEETUP CALENDAR:
      http://www.meetup.com/center-for-nondualism/events/calendar/