Abhyasa Ashram Activities update - Feb 1, 2011

  • AbhyasaAshram-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2011
      Update: February 1, 2011

      505 Hooper Drive

      CURRENT EVENTS
      **********************************
      Complete schedule is at:

      WED, Feb 2, 12:00pm: Self-study review (Enlightenment without God)
      WED, Feb 2, 7:30pm: Online self-study review (Open topic)
      FRI, Feb 4, 9:30am (good time for people in Europe and India): Online self-study review (Om mantra)
      FRI, Feb 4, 5:00pm: Hatha and pranayama with Tri in prep for 6:00pm meditation
      FRI, Feb 4, 7:00pm: First Friday Yoga Sutras
      SAT, Feb 5, 8:30am: Online self-study review (Open topic)
      SAT, Feb 5, 7:30pm (good time for people in Asia): Online self-study review (Open topic)

      SUN, Feb 6, 10:00am: Center for Nondualism hosted by Abhyasa Ashram
      SUN, Feb 6, 4:00pm: Online self-study review (Bhagavad Gita)
      MON, Feb 7, 4:00pm: @Ashram self-study review (Bhagavad Gita)
      ..6:30PM: Dinner at Bombay Masala (if closed, then Thai)
      TUE, Feb 8, 2:30pm: Heart Circle
      WED, Feb 9, 12:00pm: @Ashram self-study review (Enlightenment without God)
      WED, Feb 9, 7:30pm: Online self-study review (Open topic)
      FRI, Feb 11, 9:30am: Online self-study review (Open topic)
      FRI, Feb 11, 7:00pm: @Ashram Mantra Mela
      SAT, Feb 12, 8:30am: Online self-study review (Open topic)
      SAT, Feb 12, 7:30pm: Online self-study review (Open topic)

      SUN, Feb 13, 10:00am: Center for Nondualism hosted by Abhyasa Ashram
      SUN, Feb 13, 4:00pm: Online self-study review (Bhagavad Gita)
      MON, Feb 14, 4:00pm: @Ashram self-study review (Bhagavad Gita)
      ..6:30PM: Dinner at Bombay Masala (if closed, then Thai)
      TUE, Feb 15, 2:30pm: Heart Circle
      WED, Feb 16, 12:00pm: @Ashram self-study review (Enlightenment without God)
      WED, Feb 16, 7:30pm: Online self-study review (Open topic)
      FRI, Feb 18, 9:30am: Online self-study review (Open topic)
      SAT, Feb 19, 8:30am: Online self-study review (Open topic)
      SAT, Feb 19, 6:30pm: Vegetarian potluck
      SAT, Feb 19, 7:00pm: Movie night: Groundhog Day

      SUN, Feb 20, 10:00am: Center for Nondualism hosted by Abhyasa Ashram
      SUN, Feb 20, 4:00pm: Online self-study review (Bhagavad Gita)
      SUN, Feb 20, 7:00pm: @Ashram Drumming and music. Bring drums and percussion instruments.
      MON, Feb 21, 4:00pm: @Ashram self-study review (Bhagavad Gita)
      ..6:30PM: Dinner at Bombay Masala (if closed, then Thai)
      WED, Feb 23, 12:00pm: @Ashram self-study review (Enlightenment without God)
      WED, Feb 23, 7:30pm: Online self-study review (Open topic)
      FRI, Feb 25, 9:30am: Online self-study review (Open topic)
      SAT, Feb 26, 8:30am: Online self-study review (Open topic)
      SAT, Feb 26, 7:30pm: Online self-study review (Open topic)

      SUN, Feb 27, 10:00am: Center for Nondualism hosted by Abhyasa Ashram
      SUN, Feb 27, 4:00pm: Online self-study review (Bhagavad Gita)

      MAR 1 - MAR 31: Intensive Meditation Retreat in Rishikesh, India (most Florida programs are suspended during this time)

      DAILY: Daily meditations include:

      6:30-7:30am: Meditation #1
      ..6:30-6:35: Daily Mantras
      ..6:35-7:00: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      ..7:00-7:30: Meditation
      11:00-12:00pm: Meditation #2
      ..11:00-11:30am: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      ..11:30am-12:00pm: Meditation
      5:30-6:30pm: Meditation #3
      ..5:30-6:00pm: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      ..6:00-6:30pm: Meditation
      9:00-10:00pm: Meditation #4
      ..9:00-9:05: Daily Mantras
      ..9:05-9:30: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      ..9:30-10:00: Meditation

      RENOVATION: Painting has been almost completed, though some is still in process. Flooring is completed in the meditation and hatha yoga hall, except for painting and installing the baseboards. We are working on physically preparing the guest house and townhouse for sale.

      https://sites.google.com/site/abhyasaashram/membership

      We have once again started online discussions. Look here for details:

      Our approach to training is mostly individual, one-to-one as the way Yoga meditation and contemplation has been traditionally been taught for thousands of years. Personal coaching is available by appointment most days at 9:30am or 2:30pm. Please call or write to schedule a time.

      FEBRUARY in FLORIDA (2011): Info is here:
      http://www.swamij.com/calendar/feb-in-florida.htm

      (I arrive in Australia April 28, and depart Australia May 12)