Abhyasa Ashram Activities update - Jan 22, 2011

  • AbhyasaAshram-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2011
      Update: January 22, 2011

      505 Hooper Drive

      CURRENT EVENTS
      **********************************
      Complete schedule is at:

      SAT, Jan 22, 8:30am: Online satsang
      SAT, Jan 22, 4:00pm: Yoga Coaching (Online) with Mark Breadner
      SUN, Jan 23, 10:00am: Center for Nondualism hosted by Abhyasa Ashram
      SUN, Jan 23, 4:00pm: Online Bhagavad Gita discussion
      MON, Jan 24, 4:00pm: Bhagavad Gita discussion
      ..6:30PM: Dinner at Bombay Masala (if closed, then Thai)
      TUE, Jan 25, 2:30pm: Heart Circle with James & Candace (see calendars for details)
      WED, Jan 26, 12:00pm: Curriculum review (Enlightenment without God)
      WED, Jan 26, 7:30pm: Online satsang
      FRI, Jan 28, 9:30am: Online self-study review
      FRI, Jan 28, 5:00pm: Hatha and pranayama with Tri in prep for 6:00pm meditation
      FRI, Jan 28, 7:00pm: Drumming and music. Bring drums and percussion instruments.
      SAT, Jan 29, 8:30am: Online satsang
      SUN, Jan 30, 10:00am: Center for Nondualism hosted by Abhyasa Ashram
      SUN, Jan 30, 4:00pm: Online Bhagavad Gita
      MON, Jan 31, 4:00pm: Bhagavad Gita discussion
      ..6:30PM: Dinner at Bombay Masala (if closed, then Thai)
      WED, Feb 2, 12:00pm: Curriculum review (Enlightenment without God)
      FRI, Feb 4, 5:00pm: Hatha and pranayama with Tri in prep for 6:00pm meditation
      FRI, Feb 4, 7:00pm: First Friday Yoga Sutras
      MAR 1 - MAR 31: Intensive Meditation Retreat in Rishikesh, India (most Florida programs suspended during this time)

      DAILY: Daily meditations include:

      6:30-7:30am: Meditation #1
      ..6:30-6:35: Daily Mantras
      ..6:35-7:00: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      ..7:00-7:30: Meditation
      11:00-12:00pm: Meditation #2
      ..11:00-11:30am: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      ..11:30am-12:00pm: Meditation
      5:30-6:30pm: Meditation #3
      ..5:30-6:00pm: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      ..6:00-6:30pm: Meditation
      9:00-10:00pm: Meditation #4
      ..9:00-9:05: Daily Mantras
      ..9:05-9:30: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      ..9:30-10:00: Meditation

      RENOVATION: We have had a painting party these past three Sundays (as well as a few other days when several people spontaneously wanted to paint). Everybody has had a lot of fun and we have virtually finished painting the meditation hall. However, there is still a little more to do, so we will do it again this Sunday, Jan 23 at noon (We'll also have food together, as usual). During the coming week or two we'll install the floor. If you would like to help with that, please let Reggie or I know. Reggie will manage the floor installation. Tri and I are also working on the guest house and the townhouse so that these can be sold, allowing me to shift my personal residence to a location within walking distance of the ashram, where we can also have a little more guest space available to complement the space at the ashram.

      https://sites.google.com/site/abhyasaashram/membership

      We have once again started online discussions. Look here for details:

      Our approach to training is mostly individual, one-to-one as the way Yoga meditation and contemplation has been traditionally been taught for thousands of years. Personal coaching is available by appointment most days at 9:30am or 2:30pm. Please call or write to schedule a time.

      FEBRUARY in FLORIDA (2011): Info is here:
      http://www.swamij.com/calendar/feb-in-florida.htm

      (I arrive in Australia April 28, and depart Australia May 12)