Abhyasa Ashram Membership Program

  • Swami J
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2010
      Dear Friends, Yogis, and Yoginis,

      We have announced in recent newsletters that we are in the process of expanding the ashram. This expansion involves incorporating the ashram as a non-profit organization, acquiring a new building, and expanding learning systems. We are also trying to improve our communications with the people who are most interested in the ashram. I have met, received emails and calls from thousands of people over recent years, and it has been very difficult to keep track of who is most interested in what we are doing through the ashram [There are over 2,000 people currently on my newsletter and email lists].

      Therefore, as a means of improving communications with those who are most interested in what we are doing, we are setting up a "membership" for the ashram. Since we/I do not charge money for any programs or personal consulting/training, the membership is set up the same way, having no fees. Rather, your commitment is to yourself in doing the practices. If you are drawn to, or are already practicing the principles and meditation methods taught by the Himalayan tradition, Swami Rama, Swami Jnaneshvara and Abhyasa Ashram, there are three ways in which you may be involved as a member of the ashram:

      1) PRACTICING MEMBER: It is my wish and intent to do the practices of meditation as taught by Swami Rama and which are described in Swami Jnaneshvara's writings on the SwamiJ.com website. I attempt to do these practices daily, and commit to practicing within my own comfortable capacity. [This way of involvement may be ideal for those who are far away, especially in countries other than US.]

      2) PARTICIPATING MEMBER: In addition to doing practices (the Practicing Members), I wish to be part of the ongoing volunteer activities that keep the ashram thriving for all of us. This may include teaching or facilitating activities, maintaining the building, office activities, or other skills I have. If I do not physically live close, I wish to volunteer in some other way, or when I visit from time to time. [This way of involvement may be ideal for those who live close or visit from time to time.]

      3) SUPPORTING MEMBER: In addition to the activities (above) of Practicing and/or Participating members, I believe in the goals of the ashram and intend to provide financial support through donations from time to time (whether smaller or larger donations) for the ashram and its programs. I understand that the ashram operates solely through the generosity of its members.

      Membership established any time through the end of 2010 is effective until the end of December 2011. Any time after July 1, 2011 you may reaffirm your membership and practices through the end of 2012.

      REPLY BY EMAIL:

      If you would like to be involved, please reply to this newsletter or send an email to membership@.... Please provide the following in that email:

      WHICH OF THE THREE WAYS (above) OF INVOLVEMENT YOU CHOOSE:

      NAME:

      STREET ADDRESS:

      CITY, STATE ETC., POSTAL CODE, COUNTRY

      EMAIL ADDRESS:

      PHONE:

      OTHER CONTACT INFO:

      BRIEF BIO AND MEDITATION HISTORY:

      Thank you for your interest in the expansion of the ashram and programs. I look forward to hearing from you.

      In loving service,

      Swami J

      Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati
      Abhyasa Ashram, Inc.