Satsang, discussion, meditation: Sat, Oct 20, 10:00am-12:00

  • Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2007
      Tomorrow, Saturday, October 20, 10:001m-12:00 is satsang, topic
      discussion, and meditation. Please bring topic questions from sources
      such as Yoga Sutras, Upanishads, books by Swami Rama, or articles
      from SwamiJ.com. Hope to see you in the morning.

      Swami J

      -------------------------

      CURRENT ACTIVITIES:

      MOST DAYS, 11:30 am - 12:00 pm
      Silent Meditation

      MOST DAYS, 6:00 pm - 6:30 pm
      Silent Meditation; Satsang before and after meditation

      FIRST FRIDAY, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
      Satsang, topic discussion. Please suggest a topic or a question
      either directly from your readings and practices from the Yoga
      Sutras, or that can be related to the Yoga Sutras in our discussions.

      SATURDAY (+2), 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
      On the Saturday that is two weekends after the first Friday (15 days
      after the first Friday) there is satsang, topic discussion,
      meditation, food/prasad. Please bring topic questions from sources
      such as Yoga Sutras, Upanishads, books by Swami Rama, or articles
      from SwamiJ.com. (This generally falls on the third Saturday of the
      month, but sometimes falls on the fourth Saturday)

      Satsang means coming together in truth.
      sat=truth; sanga=company

      CENTER FOR NON-DUALISM

      Our Center for Non-Dualism has gatherings each Sunday morning.
      Details about the Center, the gatherings, location, and times are on
      the website:
      http://www.centerfornondualism.org/

      CALENDAR:
      Please visit the website for the complete calendar for descriptions.
      Revisions and cancellations are also listed there.
      http://www.swamij.com/calendar.htm

      PURPOSE OF OUR COMMUNITY

      Our community of meditation and contemplation is devoted to training
      and nurturing those who deeply long for the direct experience of
      union with the eternal, pure center of consciousness, the bliss of
      being that is one with the absolute reality, as the wave who seeks to
      remember it is one with the ocean. One word for that union is "Yoga."

      Yoga is traditionally taught, practiced and learned through a close
      relationship between the individual mentor and mentee, teacher and
      student, in a community of noble friends, known as kalyana-mitra.
      Guru is a force-field driven by grace, a stream of knowledge of
      direct experience which, though it may operate through a person, is
      itself not a person.

      GOAL OF PRACTICES

      The goal of our sadhana or practices is the highest Joy that comes
      from the Realization in direct experience of the center of
      consciousness, the Self, the Atman or Purusha, which is one and the
      same with the Absolute Reality.

      This Self-Realization comes through Yoga meditation of the Yoga
      Sutras, the contemplative insight of Advaita Vedanta, and the intense
      devotion of Samaya Sri Vidya Tantra, the three of which complement
      one another like fingers on a hand.

      We employ the classical approaches of Raja, Jnana, Karma, and Bhakti
      Yoga, as well as Hatha, Kriya, Kundalini, Laya, Mantra, Nada, Siddha,
      and Tantra Yoga. Meditation, contemplation, mantra and prayer finally
      converge into a unified force directed towards the final stage,
      piercing the pearl of wisdom called bindu, leading to the Absolute.

      The activities are mostly in Fort Walton Beach, Florida or nearby
      communities. Most are at Abhyasa Ashram or are graciously sponsored
      by other people at different locations. While I seldom travel, there
      are a handful of other activities in other cities. Please contact me
      if you have any questions or requests.

      PERSONAL TIME

      Please contact me to arrange private time to talk about life,
      meditation practices, or to receive individualized training, such as
      with meditation or breathing techniques.