292Abhyasa Ashram Activities update - JAN 13, 2011

    Jan 13, 2012
      Local activities, online meetings and other programs
      Update: January 13, 2011

      505 Hooper Drive NW

      CURRENT EVENTS CALENDARS
      **********************************
      Details are at Meetup-dot-com calendar (our main calendar):
      http://www.meetup.com/abhyasa-ashram/events/calendar/

      Times below are central time in US (same as Chicago). Unless otherwise specified (such as "Online") all activities are at Abhyasa Ashram in Florida USA.

      See also the course site (http://abhyasaonline.com) for the discussion forums related to the topics below. Contact me if you want login info (please include your first and last name, city/country, and email address).

      FRI, Jan 13, 6:30pm: Open community, fellowship, satsang at the ashram
      (This Friday we'll review the new video commentary by Swami J on Swami Rama's eight steps in the book Path of Fire and Light. If you cannot join us, they are online here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5B1627ADAF657A2C)

      SAT, Jan 14, 8:30am: Online: Emotions to Enlightenment by Swami Rama
      SAT, Jan 14, 10:00am: Coaching in systematic meditation
      SAT, JAN 14, 12:00pm - SAT, JAN 21, 12:00pm: Week of Tripura Tantra (Tripura Rahasya book & Swami Rama videos on Saundaryalahari; schedule will be posted in the ashram)
      SAT, Jan 14, 7:30pm: Online: Enlightenment without God by Swami Rama

      SUN, Jan 15, 9:00am: Deep relaxation (30-minute guided meditation)
      SUN, Jan 15, 10:00am: Center for Nondualism: ("What's my next step?")
      SUN, Jan 15, 4:00pm: Online: Bhagavad Gita

      MON, Jan 16, 2:00pm: Ashram: Educational DVDs
      MON, Jan 16, 4:00pm: Ashram: Bhagavad Gita

      WED, Jan 18, 10:30am: Preparation for meditation (hatha yoga, relaxation and pranayama) guided by Tripurashakti
      WED, Jan 18, 11:30am: Silent Meditation (Daily schedule is below)
      WED, Jan 18, 12:00pm: Tripura Rahasya discussion (ashram; in addition to Tripura Rahasya week)
      WED, Jan 18, 7:30pm: Online: Path of Fire and Light

      THU, Jan 19, 12:30pm: Online with Tri (in Dutch)

      FRI, Jan 20, 6:30pm: Open community, fellowship, satsang at the ashram

      SAT, Jan 21, 8:30am: Online: Emotions to Enlightenment by Swami Rama
      SAT, Jan 21, 10:00am: Coaching in systematic meditation
      SAT, JAN 21, 12:00pm - SAT, JAN 28, 12:00pm: Week of Om (Om article and Mandukya Upanishad & Swami Rama videos on Mandukya Upanishad; daily Om Kriya)
      SAT, Jan 21, 7:30pm: Online: Enlightenment without God by Swami Rama

      SUN, Jan 22, 9:00am: Deep relaxation (Sohum Kriya)
      SUN, Jan 22, 10:00am: Center for Nondualism: (topic to be announced)
      SUN, Jan 22, 4:00pm: Online: Bhagavad Gita

      MON, Jan 23, 2:00pm: Ashram: Anatomy and other educational DVDs
      MON, Jan 23, 4:00pm: Ashram: Bhagavad Gita

      WED, Jan 25, 10:30am: Preparation for meditation (hatha yoga, relaxation and pranayama) guided by Tripurashakti
      WED, Jan 25, 11:30am: Silent Meditation (Daily schedule is below)
      WED, Jan 25, 12:00pm: Tripura Rahasya discussion (ashram)
      WED, Jan 25, 7:30pm: Online: Path of Fire and Light

      THU, Jan 26, 12:30pm: Online with Tri (in Dutch)

      FRI, Jan 27, 6:30pm: Open community, fellowship, satsang at the ashram

      SAT, Jan 28, 8:30am: Online: Emotions to Enlightenment by Swami Rama
      SAT, Jan 28, 10:00am: Coaching in systematic meditation
      SAT, Jan 28, 10:30am: Preparation for meditation (hatha yoga, relaxation and pranayama) guided by June Enfinger
      SAT, Jan 28, 11:30am: Silent Meditation (Daily schedule is below)
      SAT, JAN 28, 12:00pm - SAT, FEB 4, 12:00pm: Week of Chakras (Review of all chakras; balancing/purifying practices of Bhuta Shuddhi, Om and Sohum kriyas)
      SAT, Jan 28, 7:30pm: Online: Enlightenment without God by Swami Rama

      FEB 4 - FEB 11: Week of Self-Awareness Practices (Daily self-awareness practices, principles reviews & discussions)
      FEB 11 - FEB 18: Week of Yoga Nidra (Yoga Nidra article and daily practice)
      FEB 18 - FEB 25: Week of Yoga Sutras (review of all sutras, and related practices)

      NOTE: If you are in the local area, you are welcome to sit in on the online discussions from here in the office of the ashram. Also, we sometimes transmit the local gatherings out through the online meeting service.

      Online login info is here:

      UPCOMING:
      **********************************
      JAN-FEB 2012: Week-long retreats (see below under "special events").
      MAR 6-27, 2012: Meditation retreat in India
      (Members and Regular Participants will continue some gatherings at Abhyasa Ashram during this time; please talk with one another about details.)

      **********************************
      ONGOING:
      **********************************
      Weekend or week-long self-transformation retreats at the ashram for Members and Regular Participants of the ashram (by registration; contact for registration)

      **********************************
      CALENDARS and CONNECTIONS:
      **********************************
      Abhyasa Ashram calendar - main calendar is through meetup.com:
      http://www.meetup.com/abhyasa-ashram/#calendar

      Center for Nondualism calendar:
      http://www.meetup.com/center-for-nondualism/#calendar
      Website:
      http://centerfornondualism.org
      Facebook:
      https://www.facebook.com/swamij

      **********************************
      DAILY: Daily meditations:
      **********************************
      6:30-7:30am: Meditation #1
      ..6:30-6:35am: Daily Mantras
      ..6:35-7:00am: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..7:00-7:30am: Meditation
      11:00-12:00pm: Meditation #2
      ..11:00-11:30am: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..11:30am-12:00pm: Meditation
      5:30-6:30pm: Meditation #3
      ..5:30-6:00pm: Prep for Meditation (Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..6:00-6:30pm: Meditation
      9:00-9:30pm: Meditation #4
      ..9:00-9:05pm: Daily Mantras
      ..9:05-9:10pm: Prep for Meditation (Brief Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama)
      ..9:10-9:30pm: Meditation

      Members and regular visitors to the ashram are welcome to stop by at other reasonable times to use the meditation hall. There is a CD player and copies of the Yoga Nidra and Basic Meditation CDs by Swami Jnaneshvara, as well as guided Om and Sohum Sushumna Kriya practices; you are welcome to use these.

      RENOVATION/REPAIRS: Most renovations and repairs are reasonably completed. We are in the process of beautifying the garden area in front of the ashram.

      https://sites.google.com/site/abhyasaashram/connections/membership
      (It is now membership renewal time for membership through December 2012)

      LEARNING SITE: The learning site is now online at http://abhyasaonline.com . Outlines have been created for 25+ courses. The first phase has been to set up the topics within each course and to create discussion forums in each of them. Then we'll start to create the actual content. However, having the discussion forums will allow us to start immediately, especially with the books and videos we are reviewing both in the ashram and the online meetings we are already having. A little more info is here http://bit.ly/iktGmt. Let me know if you would like to participate, sending me your email, first and last name, city and country. If I will not recognize your name, please introduce yourself and let me know about your life and interests, and why you'd like to do this.

      FEES and DONATIONS: A special thanks is extended to the people who financially support the ashram. We charge no dues or fees, and the ashram operates on the loving donations of its members and participants.

      We currently have seven online discussions per week. Look here for details:

      LEARNING SITE: The learning site is now online at http://abhyasaonline.com. See the announcement in the section above.

      Our approach to training is mostly individual, one-to-one as the way Yoga meditation and contemplation has been traditionally taught for thousands of years. Personal coaching is available by appointment most days at 9:30am or 2:30pm. Please call or write to schedule a time. Group training is also done in an intimate coaching setting.

      FEBRUARY IN FLORIDA 2012 / 1-WEEK RETREATS (dates have been shifted)
      This year we are having six 1-week retreats in January and February rather than only in February. Programs begin Saturday @noon, and end Saturday @noon. Come for however many of the weeks fit your schedule. It is also okay to overlap weeks, recognizing that some schedules do not perfectly match a Saturday to Saturday format.
      Programs are designed with ashram Members and Regular participants in mind. Come for a few days, a week, a month, or all six weeks. Please contact the ashram with dates requested, biodata, and an explanation of why you want to participate in the particular program for which you would like to register. The ashram operates on the loving donations of Members and Participants; there are no fees.

      DAILY (JAN 14 - FEB 25):
      - 4 Meditations each day
      - Daily self-awareness and internal dialogue practices
      - Daily practices in alignment with the topic of the week
      - Daily videos of Swami Rama lectures
      - Lots of community/satsang interaction

JAN 14 - JAN 21: Week of Tripura Tantra (Shakti Sadhana book & Swami Rama videos on Saundaryalahari)
      JAN 21 - JAN 28: Week of Om
      (Om book/article & Swami Rama videos on Mandukya Upanishad)
      JAN 28 - FEB 4: Week of Chakras (Review of all chakras; balancing/purifying practices of Bhuta Shuddhi, Om and Sohum kriyas)
      FEB 4 - FEB 11: Week of Self-Awareness Practices (Daily self-awareness practices, principles reviews & discussions)
      FEB 11 - FEB 18: Week of Yoga Nidra (Yoga Nidra article and daily practice)
      FEB 18 - FEB 25: Week of Yoga Sutras (review of all sutras, and related practices)

      MEETUP CALENDAR (this is the main calendar for the Center for Nondualism):
      http://www.meetup.com/center-for-nondualism/events/calendar/