241Abhyasa Ashram Activities update - Jan 5, 2011

    Jan 5, 2011
      Update: January 5, 2011
      Complete schedule is at:

      505 Hooper Drive

      CURRENT EVENTS
      **********************************

      FIRST FRIDAY, Jan 7, 7:00pm
      7:00pm - 9:00pm: Monthly Yoga Sutras discussion. We use Yoga Sutras as a starting point, but usually expand into other lively discussions. Join us at 5:00pm for systematic meditation, including hatha postures, relaxation, pranayama/breathing and meditation itself, followed by light food at 6:30pm.

      WED, Jan 5: 12:00pm: Conscious Living Discussion
      FRI, Jan 7, 7:00pm: First Friday Yoga Sutras
      SUN, Jan 9, 10:00am: Center for Nondualism held at the ashram (topic "Letting Go")
      SUN, Jan 9, 12:00pm: Painting party
      MON, Jan 10, 4:00pm: Bhagavad Gita discussion
      6:30PM: Dinner at Bombay Masala
      WED, Jan 12, 12:00pm: Conscious Living discussion
      FRI, Jan 14, 7:00pm: Mantra Mela: Group chanting of some traditional mantras,
      including Gayatri, Mahamrityunjaya, Panchakshara, and Om mantras.

      DAILY: Daily meditations include:

      6:30-7:30am: Meditation #1
      6:30-6:35: Daily Mantras
      6:35-7:00: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      7:00-7:30: Meditation
      11:00-12:00pm: Meditation #2
      11:00-11:30am: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      11:30am-12:00pm: Meditation
      5:30-6:30pm: Meditation #3
      5:30-6:00pm: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      6:00-6:30pm: Meditation
      9:00-10:00pm: Meditation #4
      9:00-9:05: Daily Mantras
      9:05-9:30: Hatha, Relaxation, Pranayama
      9:30-10:00: Meditation

      RENOVATION: We have had a painting party this past Sunday, Jan 2. Everybody had a lot of fun and we got the meditation hall painted. There is still more to do, so we will do it again this Sunday, Jan 9 at noon (We'll also have food together).

      We have once again started online discussions. Look here for details:
      https://sites.google.com/site/abhyasaashram/online

      FEBRUARY in FLORIDA (2011): Info is here:
      http://www.swamij.com/calendar/feb-in-florida.htm

      MEDITATION RETREATS IN INDIA: