Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Re:First A&S submission

  • Barbara
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2008
      I checked out your LJ and the process looks interesting. Good Luck tomorrow.
      Barbeta

      > Sounds great to hear about your first A&S submission.
      > I'm also participating for the first time this comming saturday. :)
      >
      > My submission is also the first of my A&S 50 challenge so it's a bit
      > extra special to me. The documentation is available at my Live Journal
      > if someone would like to have a look:
      > http://bippimalin.livejournal.com/93946.html
      > I've been meaning to dye this for so long, I've been horribly busy,
      > but finally the silk is in the dyebath! Not a minute too soon since
      > we're leaving for the event tomorrow. Yikes. :)
      >
      > Best regards,
      > Malin

    • Albreda Aylese
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 15, 2008
        Happy New Year!

        I want to apologize for both not being here, and for the LONG delay
        some folks had in joining our group over the holidays. My loveing
        husband and parents got me a new computer system as a present, my
        internet died, and I couldn't transfer data etc to get back online
        here until just now. My husband doesn't understand why I couldn't
        get into Yahoo to approve folks to the group and neither do I, but
        we're all here now, so hopfully that is the important part.

        I am really excited by our newcomers (Welcome!) and by what you all
        have been accomplishing! Wow! A&S entries, websites, photo
        galleries - oh my! ;) It will take me a bit to look at everything,
        but you have already inspired me to get cracking, so thank you!

        Buried somewhere deep in my old system are the details, but someone
        on this list was running an A&S 50 Session at her Twelfth Night this
        past weekend... any report to share? If this went off as planned
        this may have been the first official A&S 50 Session held outside of
        the East Kingdom by someone other than me! Hurray! Anyone
        interested in running a session can find details on how that works in
        our files section on our Yahoo group page, or on our website (or you
        can just ask me!) The more the merrier!

        On the technical progress front, my husband had the brilliant idea of
        asking a dear friend if we could coopt his forum code for A&S 50
        purposes. I didn't want to bug him about it before the holidays, but
        I will get on that soon, and hopefully he'll be his normal,
        accommodating self, and say yes!

        In more personal news, I just delivered a pack of Albreda Butt-
        Lighting matches to an aspiring scribe here in my shire, giving her
        permission to light a fire under me to invite her over for a day of
        gouache-laden insanity. I need to tidy the studio first, so it won't
        be until February, but at least now I have incentive! I am going to
        have a VERY busy year, but I AM going to do some A&S of my own, darn
        it!

        What are your goals for the year? How can we help? With all of the
        brains and interests we have represented here, I'm sure that we can
        be a really good resource for each other, so ask away!

        For example - anyone have a recommendation as to where I can order
        linen sewing thread, suitable for handsewing 5 oz linen shifts?

        I hope your holidays were grand, and that we are each off to a good
        start on 2008!

        Best wishes -
        Albreda, happy to be back in the land of the connected!!!