New member, still getting info

  • jonisyngs
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2014
      Greetings from Lady Siri Toivosdotter, Midrealm, MOAS of the Barony of Roaring Wastes.

      I teach elementary music as my daytime job, and I have a Recorder Ensemble.  A few years ago I decided to make Recorder cases for each student, but never got around to it.  A few weekends ago, determined to alleviate my sewing room of the massive pile of scraps, I made cardboard templates for Soprano, Alto and Tenor Recorders.  I cleared nearly the entire pile in a day and cut out a massive pile of cases in all the sizes.  There are many more than 50, but I currently have 36 students in my Recorder Ensemble.  So I think I will make 50 above and beyond the 36 I need this year . . .

      Our Barony holds an annual event called the Golden Seamstress, a 21-hour marathon sewing competition.  I did not participate in the competition last year, but spearheaded a project to provide garb to five people who were going to Pennsic War for the first time.  In the end, more than 50 garb items were created by those who were there that day (there were five of us) and some needed to be taken home to be finished.  I don't have any documentation of that other than pictures of those who cut and sewed, and some of the garb.  Would that count, even if I can't photograph all of the garb that was made?

      Are there any A&S 50 events scheduled in Midrealm at this time?

      I am determined to read my way through the conversations, and I apologize if I'm asking a question that has already been answered.

      Lady Siri
    • evavano
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2014
        Greetings!
        I'm THLady Eva vanOldebroek, and I'm the co-ordinator for Pentamere. So feel free to contact me any time with questions or comments.

        You don't need any documentation; this is all a challenge to ourselves and you know what you have done for the challenge. That being said, we love having pictures and documentation to share on our lists and at events as displays!
        We have a display coming up at St.Valentines Day Massacre in Kalamazoo this Saturday, so if the event is on your calendar, stop by the A&S hall and a take a look at the display. You can participate, too, if you would like. I'll be in the hall with cards so people can tag their display as an A&S 50 Challenge.
        I'll also be running a display at the Northwoods Community College in Howell, MI on April 5th.
        My Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/wendy.peacock.35, and there are pics of me there so you know who to look for!
        Hope to see you soon!
        Eva
      • jonisyngs
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 13, 2014
          Thank you for your prompt response!  I shall indeed be at Val Day.  I perform with the Roaring Wastrels and we are providing live dance music for the Dance and Dessert Revel.  I will certainly find you on Facebook.  I, too, plan to teach at the Northwoods Community College.

          Lady Siri