I finished my challenge!

  • Sarah O'Connor
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 18, 2014
      The challenge I set for myself was to document 50 different period bead designs, and I finished that today: http://strangewayes.wordpress.com/as-50-challenge-50-replica-bead-patterns/

      ~Elinor Strangewayes

    • Cat Berdanier
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 18, 2014
        Well done!  Congrats!  Any chance you would be willing to do a display at the Society AS 50 celebration?

        Cathryn of Chester
        Midrealm Coordinator
        SCA AS 50 - A&S 50 Challenge Coordinator

        To: AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com
        From: strangewayes@...
        Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 16:09:14 -0500
        Subject: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] I finished my challenge!

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 18, 2014
          I would love to, but I live in Vermont and Indiana's sadly way too far. :(
        • Susan Bingham
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 19, 2014
            Congrats, Elinor!

            As someone who has had the pleasure of buying and enjoying your beads firsthand, thank you for all of your hard work! :)

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 19, 2014
              Good job...congratulations!!

              Madame du Pont - silk banner maker, who also just recently finished my 50 banners.

              "Gules, a swan naiant within a bordure argent"
            • Susan Bingham
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 19, 2014
                Congrats, Madame! Your banners are lovely, and your regular posting of pictures of them has inspired me to pull out my silk painting supplies again, so you have not only shared of your creation and learning, but of your enthusiasm! :)

                Madame du Pont - silk banner maker, who also just recently finished my 50 banners.

                "Gules, a swan naiant within a bordure argent"
              • J C Ronsen
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 19, 2014
                  On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 16:09:14 -0500, Sarah O'Connor wrote:
                  > The challenge I set for myself was to document 50 different period
                  > bead designs, and I finished that today:
                  > http://strangewayes.wordpress.com/as-50-challenge-50-replica-bead-
                  > patterns/
                  >

                  > ~Elinor Strangewayes

                  Outstanding!

                  ska: Baron Caleb Reynolds
                  mka: Caleb Ronsen
                  aka: Bubba th' Barbarian
                  Baron of the Court of AEthelmearc
                  Because you can't spell "Candle By Lores" without Caleb Reynolds.

                  TagLine Serial No.23459 - (C) 1992, All rights reserved
                • Christine Fiebig
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 19, 2014
                    Congratulations on finishing your challenge! You made wonderful beads.

                    Ellina

                    Am 18.01.2014 22:09, schrieb Sarah O'Connor:

                    > The challenge I set for myself was to document 50 different period bead
                    > designs, and I finished that today:
                    > http://strangewayes.wordpress.com/as-50-challenge-50-replica-bead-patterns/
                    >
                    > ~Elinor Strangewayes

                  • faridaalhadiati
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 20, 2014
                      Wonderful beads beads, Elinore. Congratulations.
                      Congratulations to Archer too. Great work

                      I finished my Tanka challenge and am still going on it-up to 63 tanka poems. My personna challenge is technically finished: over 50 items/activities done. I just need to finish two items on my Heian Court garb. My needlework breadth challenge needs about 15 more pieces to finish.

                      Everyone is doing fabulous work. I hope to get to 50 Year celebration and see more of people's work up close.

                      This challenge has been fun.

                      Miyamoto no Akikonomu
                      An Tir

                      Congratulations on finishing your challenge! You made wonderful beads.

                      Ellina

                      Am 18.01.2014 22:09, schrieb Sarah O'Connor:

                      > The challenge I set for myself was to document 50 different period bead
                      > designs, and I finished that today:
                      > http://strangewayes.wordpress.com/as-50-challenge-50-replica-bead-patterns/
                      >
                      > ~Elinor Strangewayes

                    • Madame du Pont
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 21, 2014
                        Bonjour Madame Albreda,

                        Please join my FB group: Stayner de Silk Display
                        It has many silk standard people on it...and a good place to learn and ask questions.  I also have a 5 part How To video on You Tube.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGKRiv3gET4

                        Each part is 7 to 10 minutes long.

                        Adieu,
                        Mme du Pont
                        Stayner de silk
                        Kingdom de Meridies

                        "Gules, a swan naiant within a bordure argent"