journals and chronicles

  • katherine kerr
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2013
      Anyone do the writing challenge this month? I'm still planning to do a persona journal one of these days -- have been collecting snippets of when the whether was bad in Venice (floods and famine in my birth year) and bad in Scotland (all the time :-).

      Anyway, just came across a great website which might prove inspiring to other:

      A London Provisioners Chronicle 1550-1563
      http://quod.lib.umich.edu/m/machyn/

      It's got the transcript of the Chronicle as well as a translation and images of original (partially burned). Good for getting a feel for how the news of the day was recorded by a Londoner.

      Cheers,
      katherine
      ...who is currently drowning in medical info, putting together a bespoke book on medical practices from across period; still it's contributed to my printed materials challenge as I'm having fun reproducing some of the translation text in its original period printed style.

      katherine kerr of the Hermitage, in the Crescent Isles,
      Barony of Southron Gaard, Kingdom of Lochac
      http://webcentre.co.nz/kk