Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Digest Number 1496

  • Heregyth Ketilsdottir
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2013
      re: Tudor feast kitchen video

      Wow, I've only watched 15 minutes so far and am already convinced: using period kitchens/methods, even the everyday simple foods would be difficult to deliver on time with the staff of five in the kitchen where I work. Labor-saving devices really work!
      Heregyð Ketilsdóttir

    • J C Ronsen
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2013
        On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 18:50:12 -0800 (PST), Heregyth Ketilsdottir wrote:
        > re: Tudor feast kitchen video
        >
        > Wow, I've only watched 15 minutes so far and am already convinced:
        > using period kitchens/methods, even the everyday simple foods would
        > be difficult to deliver on time with the staff of five in the
        > kitchen where I work. Labor-saving devices really work!
        > Heregyð Ketilsdóttir

        I found the part about how long it took them to pound a couple of pounds of almonds into powder, to make marzipan, incredible. I used a cusinart the last time I made almond milk and that took a while to grind the almonds down to powder. Even after watching this program, I can't believe that it was done by hand and no one took revenge for being forced to pound and grind almonds all day long.

        ska: Baron Caleb Reynolds
        mka: Caleb Ronsen
        aka: Bubba th' Barbarian
        Baron of the Court of AEthelmearc
        Because you can't spell "Lordly Absence" without Caleb Reynolds.

        Things that never happen in Star Trek:

        An enigmatic being composed of pure energy attempts to interface to the Enterprise's computer, only to find out that it has forgotten to bring the right leads.