RE: website upgrade (fixed, I hope!)

  • Albreda Aylese
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2008
      I think I have all of the links fixed now, but when the NEW 'new'
      version will propagate to a server near you, who knows!

      Thanks for your forebearance!

      BTW - I've put a file of the Kingdom Coordinator Contacts and
      local/regional listserves in the file section on our yahoo site, as
      well as on the website.

      Enjoy!
      Albreda
    • Dawn Felagund
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2008
        On 5/1/08, Albreda Aylese <AlbredaA@...> wrote:
        > I think I have all of the links fixed now, but when the NEW 'new'
        > version will propagate to a server near you, who knows!
        I think that putting a question mark at the end of the url will force the browser to ignore the cached site and display the updated version.

        Or this is what I have been told by those more knowledgeable than me when trying to put favicons on my sites and not wanting to wait two weeks for the cache to forget about the old favicon. :)

        The new site is showing up fine on my work computer and looks great! Who would have thought it? Everything works as it should on a government computer! :^P

        All the best,

        Dawn

        --
        ~oOo~
        Dawn Felagund
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2008
          --- In AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com, "Dawn Felagund"
          <DawnFelagund@...> wrote:

          > I think that putting a question mark at the end of the url will
          force the
          > browser to ignore the cached site and display the updated version.
          >
          > http://www.ArtsandSciences50.org?
          >
          > Or this is what I have been told by those more knowledgeable than
          me when
          > trying to put favicons on my sites and not wanting to wait two
          weeks for the
          > cache to forget about the old favicon. :)
          >
          > The new site is showing up fine on my work computer and looks
          great! Who
          > would have thought it? Everything works as it should on a government
          > computer! :^P

          Well if that question mark thing isn't just the COOLEST computer
          trick I've learned in a LONG time (like since 1984ish when I learned
          that CNTRL OpenApple Reset would reboot my school computers)!!!!

          BIG 'ole cookie for you, Dawn! Thanks! (Talk about a Birthday
          Present!!! :) :) :)

          BTW - we are apparently still dealing with chaos,

          a) the cache pulls up the old version of the home page when you hit
          the link, but hitting HOME in the menu bar takes you to the new
          version, and

          b) it appears that some folks have listings for each Kingdom under
          Contact Info, and some don't, and that the links show up black until
          AFTER you visit them. (yes, I know this last is a CSS issue, but not
          how to fix it....) At least I've put the KC Contact info in the
          files section, you folks CAN at least get the info. :)

          Thanks again for your patience and suggestions!
          Albreda
        • LORI WRIGHT
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2008
            I used the question mark and got the new site right away!  It looks great.
            Lowri

            To: AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com
            From: AlbredaA@...
            Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 14:31:11 +0000
            Subject: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Re: website upgrade (fixed, I hope!)

            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2008
              On 5/1/08, Albreda Aylese <AlbredaA@...> wrote:
              > BIG 'ole cookie for you, Dawn! Thanks! (Talk about a Birthday
              > Present!!! :) :) :)

              Yay! And just in time for lunch. :)

              But I'm glad it worked. This was a new trick for me too, about two weeks ago.

              > b) it appears that some folks have listings for each Kingdom under
              > Contact Info, and some don't, and that the links show up black until
              > AFTER you visit them. (yes, I know this last is a CSS issue, but not
              > how to fix it....)

              Do you have access to your stylesheet? Off the top of my head, it you want the links and visited links to be the same color, I think it should look something like:

              a:link, a:visited {
               color: whatever;
              }

              Where, obviously, "whatever" is the color that you want. ;)

              If I can be of any help, please let me know. :) Between designing the style for my soon-to-be-announced A&S50 blog and building a new website, CSS and I have become good buddies of late.

              Dawn