Looking for ways to use your arms

  • Christine Fiebig
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2013
      Hello dear community,

      I need your help. Some time ago (probably a few years) somebody posted a
      picture or link on this list about 50 ways to use your arms. I think it
      was a picture or set of pictures displaying many possibilities where one
      could put their arms on.

      I now have an idea how to use my arms but don't know if it's a period
      way. I tried searching the yahoo group and looking in the files section
      but couldn't find anything.

      Can you help me find that or another description of where you can put
      your arms on in a period way?

      Many thanks,
      Ellina
    • Ted Eisenstein
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2013
        > I now have an idea how to use my arms but don't know if it's a period
        > way. I tried searching the yahoo group and looking in the files section
        > but couldn't find anything.

        Let us know what way you want. It's easier to track down one
        or two things you want than for us to post a whole bunch of stuff that
        you probably don't want.

        Alban
      • Marilyn Meyer
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2013
          I would be interested in that original as well if it ever surfaces.

          Sent from my iPhone

          > On Oct 3, 2013, at 3:08 PM, Ted Eisenstein <alban@...> wrote:
          >

          >> I now have an idea how to use my arms but don't know if it's a period
          >> way. I tried searching the yahoo group and looking in the files section
          >> but couldn't find anything.
          >
          > Let us know what way you want. It's easier to track down one
          > or two things you want than for us to post a whole bunch of stuff that
          > you probably don't want.
          >

          > Alban

        • Christine Fiebig
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2013
            You're right, Alban. I should have stated more precisely what I want.

            Am 03.10.2013 21:08, schrieb Ted Eisenstein:

            >> I now have an idea how to use my arms but don't know if it's a period
            >> way. I tried searching the yahoo group and looking in the files section
            >> but couldn't find anything.
            >
            > Let us know what way you want. It's easier to track down one
            > or two things you want than for us to post a whole bunch of stuff that
            > you probably don't want.

            I'm looking for ways to use my arms on clothing or dress accessoires
            (like bags).
            And I'm going to take white duvet covers and paint my arms on them with
            fabric paint. That doesn't have to be period (I know that fabric paint
            isn't) but I think it's fun having duvet covers with my arms to sleep in
            at events.
          • Kim Hay
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 3, 2013
              Do a Google search for "fifty ways to use your arms". It came up for me.
              Meadhbh

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Oct 3, 2013, at 3:27 PM, Christine Fiebig <christine@...> wrote:

              > You're right, Alban. I should have stated more precisely what I want.
              >
              > Am 03.10.2013 21:08, schrieb Ted Eisenstein:
              >>
              >>> I now have an idea how to use my arms but don't know if it's a period
              >>> way. I tried searching the yahoo group and looking in the files section
              >>> but couldn't find anything.
              >>
              >> Let us know what way you want. It's easier to track down one
              >> or two things you want than for us to post a whole bunch of stuff that
              >> you probably don't want.
              >
              > I'm looking for ways to use my arms on clothing or dress accessoires
              > (like bags).
              > And I'm going to take white duvet covers and paint my arms on them with
              > fabric paint. That doesn't have to be period (I know that fabric paint
              > isn't) but I think it's fun having duvet covers with my arms to sleep in
              > at events.

            • Andrea AskenDunn
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 4, 2013
                I'm quite sure decorating your bed covers and hangings would be period, if not with your escutchen, at least with your charges. I have seen it in many manuscripts. Also, in the Luttrell Psalter (and I'm sure other places) people are litterally wearing their (or their husband/father's) arms.
                Asther de Perpinya