A&S 50 thank you

  • hkubasch
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2013

      Greetings!
      I just wanted to sat thank you to Lady Albreda and the A&S 50 community for all of the inspiration that you have provided. I have always been an A&S person, but the challenge has given me focus, inspiration and the courage to try new things.

      To date I have charted over 100 period counted thread designs and stitched over 50 of them.

      Made several counted thread pouches.

      Taught a class on counted thread work at the University of Atlantia.

      Learned fingerloop braiding.

      Am learning to spin.

      Made wire work reproduction of the brooch & hair pin from the Museum of London collection.

      Will be making candles.

      Made 2 styli of cedar to go with the wax tablet I will be making.

      Made several rosaries.

      Redacted a period marzipan recipe and made a marzipan hedgehog according to a period recipe.

      Taught Shirelings how to make marzipan.

      Redacted several period mustard recipes.

      Made Le Menagier de Paris hypocras powder.

      Experimented with recreating Cranach style collars.

      Will be making a late 15th cent. stle leather pouch; my first foray into leather working.

      Widened my interests and areas of research.

      Am working on a Dublin style Viking cap, & teaching a class on making Jorvik and Dublin caps to the Shire this week.

      More importantly, the challenge has rubbed off on the Shire of Isenfir. While no one has decided to participate in the A&S 50 by themselves, several Shirelings have made beautiful contributions to the Shire A&S 50 --learning new skills and delving into new areas of research. My husband will even be learning how to tie period fishing flies.

      So many thanks everyone.

      Regards
      Heike