Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] fox-themed things?

  • J C Ronsen
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2013
      On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 10:15:36 +1200, katherine kerr wrote:
      > Hi folks,
      >
      > I have a new challenge diverting me from my AS50 ones, but I figure
      > you're all creative types
      > so maybe you can provide some ideas/assistance to get me back on
      > track :-)
      >
      > I'm after "stuff" which has a fox-theme -- Western European, rather
      > than kitsune or other
      > cultures.

      Here is a link to the fox entry in the Medieval Bestiary: http://bestiary.ca/beasts/beast179.htm

      Enjoy.

      ska: Baron Caleb Reynolds
      mka: Caleb Ronsen
      aka: Bubba th' Barbarian
      Baron of the Court of AEthelmearc
      Because you can't spell "Lordly Absence" without Caleb Reynolds.

      "I'd probably like my doctor a bit more if he wouldn't walk around humming 'Another One Bites the Dust' all the time."
      -- Kristy Baxter
    • hkubasch
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 9, 2013
        I would look at manuscript marginalia. I know that the Macclesfield psalter has a wonderful illumination of a farmer's wife in hot pursuit of a fox carrying of a goose. I found that one one the digitzed British Library. Another source would be folk tales.

        Regards
        Heike

        Sent from AOL Mobile Mail