Re: fox-themed things?

  • lorenzo_da_siena
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 25, 2013
      My apprentice Talia de Morales recently wrote a puppet show adaptation of Chaucer's Nun's Priest's Tale, which involves a Reynard-style fox and Chauntecleer the rooster:

      http://taliademorales.wordpress.com/2013/08/23/chaucer-puppet-plays/

      --Lorenzo

      --- In AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com, "katherine kerr" <vicki@...> wrote:

      > Hi folks,
      >
      > I have a new challenge diverting me from my AS50 ones, but I figure you're all creative types
      > so maybe you can provide some ideas/assistance to get me back on track :-)
      >
      > I'm after "stuff" which has a fox-theme -- Western European, rather than kitsune or other
      > cultures.
      >
      > For example, anyone know any good entertaining versions of the Reynard stories -- poems,
      > plays, songs? I've looked at a bunch of versions online but haven't really found anything that
      > appeals to my sense of the period/perioid as yet. I may well end up writing my own material,
      > but will cheerfully crib and copy ("please only to call it research").
      >
      > Cheers,
      > katherine
      > =====================================
      > katherine kerr of the Hermitage, in the Crescent Isles,
      > Barony of Southron Gaard, Kingdom of Lochac
      > http://webcentre.co.nz/kk

    • J C Ronsen
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 2013
        On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 10:15:36 +1200, katherine kerr wrote:
        > Hi folks,
        >
        > I have a new challenge diverting me from my AS50 ones, but I figure
        > you're all creative types
        > so maybe you can provide some ideas/assistance to get me back on
        > track :-)
        >
        > I'm after "stuff" which has a fox-theme -- Western European, rather
        > than kitsune or other
        > cultures.

        Here is a link to the fox entry in the Medieval Bestiary: http://bestiary.ca/beasts/beast179.htm

        Enjoy.

        ska: Baron Caleb Reynolds
        mka: Caleb Ronsen
        aka: Bubba th' Barbarian
        Baron of the Court of AEthelmearc
        Because you can't spell "Lordly Absence" without Caleb Reynolds.

        "I'd probably like my doctor a bit more if he wouldn't walk around humming 'Another One Bites the Dust' all the time."
        -- Kristy Baxter
      • hkubasch
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 9, 2013
          I would look at manuscript marginalia. I know that the Macclesfield psalter has a wonderful illumination of a farmer's wife in hot pursuit of a fox carrying of a goose. I found that one one the digitzed British Library. Another source would be folk tales.

          Regards
          Heike

          Sent from AOL Mobile Mail