Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Ding-a-re-ding!

  • Lee B
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 24, 2013
      sorry this got sent to the wrong place please disregard!!

      If all is not lost, Where is it???????????? Lee

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 3, 2013
        Respected friend:
        Oh, how I hate to do this...
        But I was there at the time, and Michael of Bedford won the crown of the Kingdom-to-be of Atlantia while already the King of the East, going from King to Prince to King without ever having reverted to a lower rank- thus making him the SCA's only no-Count Duke. does this negate the Prince of Artemesia's claim?

        Yours in service to both the Societies of which I am a member-
        (Friend) Honour Horne-Jaruk, R.S.F.
        Alizaundre de Brebeuf, C.O.L. S.C.A.- AKA Una the wisewoman, or That Pict

        "If you're a normal human, the inside of your head is not a pretty
        place. Venting it unfiltered to the internet may feel therapeutic,
        but it's unlikely to end well."
        --Goedjn

        Subject: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Ding-a-re-ding!
        To: "aands50challengecommunity" <aands50challengecommunity@yahoogroups.com>, "Gray-Fox-Members@yahoogroups.com" <Gray-Fox-Members@yahoogroups.com>, "Duchess" <1duchess@...>, "V. Townsend" <dukedagan@...>, "Kharmin" <kharmindh@...>, "Jacquie Ziegler" <shauna@...>
        Date: Sunday, June 23, 2013, 2:26 PM

        http://carrotkhan.webs.com/asxxxii.htm

        So I got Year 32 done and am out of the mire of date mix ups
        and extreme

        embarrassment. I lost all my wiggle room that I had left in
        the re-do of

        31. It used to be I had 40 days per panel (with an
        allowance of up to 50

        for the more complex ones) so I could take a break if I
        needed/wanted to

        work on something else or just needing a breather. I
        don't have that any

        more and am to-the-grindstone with 37 days per. No
        haggling. No

        negotiations. That's not even taking into account it
        will be three more

        days until I see my illustrator and I don't know if
        we'll have time for her

        to sketch out the next couple of panels. (Helping my sister
        move. ;) )

        It will be a struggle to have it finished in time. I know
        that the A&S 50

        Challenge isn't a race and there aren't any winners
        - but the purpose of a

        50th anniversary tapestry is 50 years!

        So, I will continue every onward. I'm kinda excited
        about getting past 32.

        For those that remember my dewey-eyed prose regarding the
        passing of

        Prince Jafar, I haven't thought much beyond this point.
        Probably because

        from Year One, I was so far away from Year 32 as for it to
        be a whole

        separate project! There are a number of interesting things
        in the last 18

        years and I'm still looking to find some interesting
        "modern" SCA history

        to fill in.

        I'm looking for fillers for year 36, year 42 and year 45
        as they are thin

        in stories

        I have no history at all for for year 46 and nothing for 48
        (that's this

        year, right?).

        Pay attention to year 49 because I'll be totally racing
        the clock to find

        something. Do we have a crown principality we can make
        legit? I could

        totally use the filler. ;) C'mon fighter ladies! Time
        to win some crowns!

        exhausted,

        Jadwiga

        Tapestry Chick

      • Carrot Khan
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 3, 2013
          But I was there at the time, and Michael of Bedford won the crown of the
          > Kingdom-to-be of Atlantia while already the King of the East, going from
          > King to Prince to King without ever having reverted to a lower rank- thus
          > making him the SCA's only no-Count Duke. does this negate the Prince of
          > Artemesia's claim?

          No, I don't see why it would since their presence in the tapestry is due to
          their status as First Crown/Coronet of their respective territories. The
          fact that Bedford was King while winning Crown Tourney is an extra bit of
          trivia and if he hadn't been the first king of Atlantia, he wouldn't have
          been mentioned at all for being just another king of the East. The fact
          that the First King of Aremesia had also been the First Prince of Artemesia
          in its history is another interesting bit of trivia. If Thorfinn hadn't
          been the first prince of Artemesia, he still would have been in the
          tapestry for being the first king. Their unique claims have absolutely
          nothing to do with one another so there's nothing to invalidate.

        • Honour Horne-Jaruk
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 3, 2013
            Respected friend:

            On Wed, 7/3/13, Carrot Khan <carrot.khan@...> wrote:

            . Their unique claims have absolutely nothing to do with one another so there's nothing to
            invalidate.
            Jadwiga

            Yay! (I've been following the tapestry since only a few embroidery geeks were talking about it, and your recent glitch put my heart in my throat. So glad you pulled out as well as you did. - I actually think the re-worked pages are better than what they replaced.))

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 6, 2013
              >Yay! (I've been following the tapestry since only a few embroidery geeks
              were talking about it, and your recent glitch put my heart in my throat. So
              glad you pulled out as well as you did. - I actually think the re-worked
              pages are better than what they replaced.))

              It caused me no little bit of pain but mostly embarrassment. It had been a
              focal panel for so long I clearly didn't notice the errors until too late.
              I can also tell that my brain had only conceptualized the tapestry up to
              that year for all the errors I recently corrected in the coming years of
              work!