Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Ding-a-re-ding!

  • Michelle Heitman
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 23, 2013

      > I'm looking for fillers for year 36, year 42 and year 45 as they are thin
      > in stories

      Year 36 would be 2002, right? Isn't that when Lochac became a kingdom?

      > I have no history at all for for year 46 and nothing for 48 (that's this
      > year, right?).

      No, we're in year 47 now. (May 1 1966 + 47 years = 2013)

      And, as far as this year goes, I would think that allowing same-sex
      consorts,
      whether you're in the approve or disapprove column, would be a large
      event.

      Fiondel

    • Carrot Khan
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 23, 2013

        > Year 36 would be 2002, right? Isn't that when Lochac became a kingdom?

        The year start date of May 1st throws all our counts out of wack. ;)
        Unless I've mis-counted or totally flaked on what month belonged to what
        year, they elevated in XXXVII - http://carrotkhan.webs.com/asxxxvii.htm

        > And, as far as this year goes, I would think that allowing
        > same-sex consorts, whether you're in the approve or disapprove column,
        > would be a large
        > event.

        Already all over it. :) http://carrotkhan.webs.com/asxlvii.htm

        Because I include mention of Clan Blue Feather's founding, I've already had
        more than one awkward conversation while explaining the tapestry. I'm
        pretty sure when this one goes up, my awkward conversation count will
        increase exponentially. ;)

      • Carrot Khan
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 23, 2013
          And with a correction - I now have year 41 empty. Check your notes!

          scrambling,
          Jadwiga
          Tapestry Chick

          On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Carrot Khan <carrot.khan@...> wrote:

          > http://carrotkhan.webs.com/asxxxii.htm
          >
          > So I got Year 32 done and am out of the mire of date mix ups and extreme
          > embarrassment. I lost all my wiggle room that I had left in the re-do of
          > 31. It used to be I had 40 days per panel (with an allowance of up to 50
          > for the more complex ones) so I could take a break if I needed/wanted to
          > work on something else or just needing a breather. I don't have that any
          > more and am to-the-grindstone with 37 days per. No haggling. No
          > negotiations. That's not even taking into account it will be three more
          > days until I see my illustrator and I don't know if we'll have time for her
          > to sketch out the next couple of panels. (Helping my sister move. ;) )
          >
          > It will be a struggle to have it finished in time. I know that the A&S 50
          > Challenge isn't a race and there aren't any winners - but the purpose of a
          > 50th anniversary tapestry is 50 years!
          >
          > So, I will continue every onward. I'm kinda excited about getting past
          > 32. For those that remember my dewey-eyed prose regarding the passing of
          > Prince Jafar, I haven't thought much beyond this point. Probably because
          > from Year One, I was so far away from Year 32 as for it to be a whole
          > separate project! There are a number of interesting things in the last 18
          > years and I'm still looking to find some interesting "modern" SCA history
          > to fill in.
          >
          > I'm looking for fillers for year 36, year 42 and year 45 as they are thin
          > in stories
          >
          > I have no history at all for for year 46 and nothing for 48 (that's this
          > year, right?).
          >
          > Pay attention to year 49 because I'll be totally racing the clock to find
          > something. Do we have a crown principality we can make legit? I could
          > totally use the filler. ;) C'mon fighter ladies! Time to win some crowns!
          >
          > exhausted,
          > Jadwiga
          > Tapestry Chick

        • Marguerite fitz William
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 24, 2013
            Same gender consorts would be a major event for this year - In An Tir, Duke
            Skeggi fought for his friend Don Andrew Williams, they were only one of
            seven same gender couples fighting in our May Crown Tournament.

            Marguerite fitz William, JdL
            Courtier to His Excellency Steinolf of Aquaterra
            Veneur & Swan

            > I'm looking for fillers for year 36, year 42 and year 45 as they are thin
            > in stories

            Year 36 would be 2002, right? Isn't that when Lochac became a kingdom?

            > I have no history at all for for year 46 and nothing for 48 (that's this
            > year, right?).

            No, we're in year 47 now. (May 1 1966 + 47 years = 2013)

            And, as far as this year goes, I would think that allowing same-sex
            consorts,
            whether you're in the approve or disapprove column, would be a large
            event.

            Fiondel

          • Lee B
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 24, 2013
              thanks ,got to get there this week,then. off to Newmarket.

              "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, dark chocolate in one hand, frozen mudslide in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screeming ~"WOO HOO,what a ride!!"

              If all is not lost, Where is it???????????? Lee

              ________________________________

              > I'm looking for fillers for year 36, year 42 and year 45 as they are thin
              > in stories

              Year 36 would be 2002, right? Isn't that when Lochac became a kingdom?

              > I have no history at all for for year 46 and nothing for 48 (that's this
              > year, right?).

              No, we're in year 47 now. (May 1 1966 + 47 years = 2013)

              And, as far as this year goes, I would think that allowing same-sex
              consorts,
              whether you're in the approve or disapprove column, would be a large
              event.

              Fiondel

            • Susan
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 24, 2013
                I started the A&S 50 Challenge in AS 42, if you get desperate. ;)

                Albreda

                On Jun 23, 2013, at 2:54 PM, Michelle Heitman <michelle.m.heitman@...> wrote:

                > > I'm looking for fillers for year 36, year 42 and year 45 as they are thin
                > > in stories
                > >
                > Year 36 would be 2002, right? Isn't that when Lochac became a kingdom?
                >

                > > I have no history at all for for year 46 and nothing for 48 (that's this
                > > year, right?).
                > >
                > No, we're in year 47 now. (May 1 1966 + 47 years = 2013)
                >
                > And, as far as this year goes, I would think that allowing same-sex
                > consorts,
                > whether you're in the approve or disapprove column, would be a large
                > event.
                >
                > Fiondel

              • Carrot Khan
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 24, 2013
                  On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Susan <AlbredaA@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > I started the A&S 50 Challenge in AS 42, if you get desperate. ;)
                  >
                  > Albreda

                  Considering that without the A&S 50 Challenge, I might never have done this
                  tapestry - the suggestion has weight.

                • Victoria
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 24, 2013
                    --- In AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com, Michelle Heitman <michelle.m.heitman@...> wrote:

                    > > I have no history at all for for year 46 and nothing for 48 (that's this
                    > > year, right?).
                    > >
                    > No, we're in year 47 now. (May 1 1966 + 47 years = 2013)

                    Sorry, but it's actually AS 48. May 1 1966 was the start of year 1, not year 0, so we can't just add/subtract years, we have to add 1. Inclusive mathematics is weird that way.

                    Rosina
                  • Lee B
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 24, 2013
                      sorry this got sent to the wrong place please disregard!!

                      If all is not lost, Where is it???????????? Lee

                      ________________________________

                      > I'm looking for fillers for year 36, year 42 and year 45 as they are thin
                      > in stories

                      Year 36 would be 2002, right? Isn't that when Lochac became a kingdom?

                      > I have no history at all for for year 46 and nothing for 48 (that's this
                      > year, right?).

                      No, we're in year 47 now. (May 1 1966 + 47 years = 2013)

                      And, as far as this year goes, I would think that allowing same-sex
                      consorts,
                      whether you're in the approve or disapprove column, would be a large
                      event.

                      Fiondel

                    • Honour Horne-Jaruk
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 3, 2013
                        Respected friend:
                        Oh, how I hate to do this...
                        But I was there at the time, and Michael of Bedford won the crown of the Kingdom-to-be of Atlantia while already the King of the East, going from King to Prince to King without ever having reverted to a lower rank- thus making him the SCA's only no-Count Duke. does this negate the Prince of Artemesia's claim?

                        Yours in service to both the Societies of which I am a member-
                        (Friend) Honour Horne-Jaruk, R.S.F.
                        Alizaundre de Brebeuf, C.O.L. S.C.A.- AKA Una the wisewoman, or That Pict

                        "If you're a normal human, the inside of your head is not a pretty
                        place. Venting it unfiltered to the internet may feel therapeutic,
                        but it's unlikely to end well."
                        --Goedjn

                        Subject: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Ding-a-re-ding!
                        To: "aands50challengecommunity" <aands50challengecommunity@yahoogroups.com>, "Gray-Fox-Members@yahoogroups.com" <Gray-Fox-Members@yahoogroups.com>, "Duchess" <1duchess@...>, "V. Townsend" <dukedagan@...>, "Kharmin" <kharmindh@...>, "Jacquie Ziegler" <shauna@...>

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 3, 2013
                          But I was there at the time, and Michael of Bedford won the crown of the
                          > Kingdom-to-be of Atlantia while already the King of the East, going from
                          > King to Prince to King without ever having reverted to a lower rank- thus
                          > making him the SCA's only no-Count Duke. does this negate the Prince of
                          > Artemesia's claim?

                          No, I don't see why it would since their presence in the tapestry is due to
                          their status as First Crown/Coronet of their respective territories. The
                          fact that Bedford was King while winning Crown Tourney is an extra bit of
                          trivia and if he hadn't been the first king of Atlantia, he wouldn't have
                          been mentioned at all for being just another king of the East. The fact
                          that the First King of Aremesia had also been the First Prince of Artemesia
                          in its history is another interesting bit of trivia. If Thorfinn hadn't
                          been the first prince of Artemesia, he still would have been in the
                          tapestry for being the first king. Their unique claims have absolutely
                          nothing to do with one another so there's nothing to invalidate.

                        • Honour Horne-Jaruk
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 3, 2013
                            Respected friend:

                            On Wed, 7/3/13, Carrot Khan <carrot.khan@...> wrote:

                            . Their unique claims have absolutely nothing to do with one another so there's nothing to
                            invalidate.
                            Jadwiga

                            Yay! (I've been following the tapestry since only a few embroidery geeks were talking about it, and your recent glitch put my heart in my throat. So glad you pulled out as well as you did. - I actually think the re-worked pages are better than what they replaced.))

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 6, 2013
                              >Yay! (I've been following the tapestry since only a few embroidery geeks
                              were talking about it, and your recent glitch put my heart in my throat. So
                              glad you pulled out as well as you did. - I actually think the re-worked
                              pages are better than what they replaced.))

                              It caused me no little bit of pain but mostly embarrassment. It had been a
                              focal panel for so long I clearly didn't notice the errors until too late.
                              I can also tell that my brain had only conceptualized the tapestry up to
                              that year for all the errors I recently corrected in the coming years of
                              work!