Need some help with Latin

  • Varina Suellen Plonski
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2013
      I hereby throw myself on the mercy of the group. I am writing a book (yeah, ain't we all...) and find myself in need of a Latin phrase. The online translators - in a word - oh, okay, I'll be nice - fail.

      If there is anyone out there who actually has studied Latin and who is willing to translate a phrase for me I will be perfectly willing to let you laugh behind my back - or even in my face.

      Varina Suellen Plonski     >^,,^<
      To Strive, To Seek, To Find, And Not To Yield

    • Andrea AskenDunn
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 2013
        Well I do not know Latin, but I am good friends with a Latin teacher, so if
        you don't find anyone on the list, let me know and I will consult with her.
        Asther de Perpinya

        On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Varina Suellen Plonski <warjna@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I hereby throw myself on the mercy of the group. I am writing a book
        > (yeah, ain't we all...) and find myself in need of a Latin phrase. The
        > online translators - in a word - oh, okay, I'll be nice - fail.
        >
        > If there is anyone out there who actually has studied Latin and who is
        > willing to translate a phrase for me I will be perfectly willing to let you
        > laugh behind my back - or even in my face.
        >

        > Varina Suellen Plonski >^,,^<
        > To Strive, To Seek, To Find, And Not To Yield

      • Hillary
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 24, 2013
          While there may be some on this list that can help you; you may also want to check with your kingdom Heralds, some who have a linguistics background or interest.
          Good luck, Hillary