RE: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] One Challenge Accomplished

  • Chris Taylor
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2013
      I could not agree more with Her Excellency. Do consider querying the CA
      editors or do a booklet and/or a website with the recipes. This is an
      amazing project, good for you. Caitlin, OL, Caid

      From: lilinah@...
      To: <AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wed, Jun 5, 2013 1:06 pm
      While it was not originally my stated challenge, i have managed to translate
      into English 50+ recipes from a mid-15th c. Ottoman cookbook. These were the
      85 recipes added by Muhammed bin Mahmud Shirvani, a physician to Sultan
      Murad II, to his translation of al-Baghdadi's cookbook into Eski Osmanli -
      note that Shirvani altered many of Baghdadi's recipes, for example, adding
      details about technique and changing some ingredients.