pirates

  • katherine kerr
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2013
      And while perusing Elinor's website, I found her link to period pirate notes, which should be
      spread far and wide to the would-be Jack Sparrows out there:

      http://hakerh.livejournal.com/144634.html

      (Can someone do the same for Venetian courtesans a la "Destiny of Her Own"? Please! :-)

      I've run the occasional informal astronomy class, though the Southern Hemisphere
      constellations don't have quite the same ring as the Northern in terms of period
      resonance/references (Telescopium or the Fly just don't seem as impressive as Ursa Major
      or Andromeda; though Crux does tend to outshine most of the northern constellations).

      Cheers,
      katherine
      =====================================
      katherine kerr of the Hermitage, in the Crescent Isles,
      Barony of Southron Gaard, Kingdom of Lochac
      http://webcentre.co.nz/kk
    • Sarah O'Connor
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2013
        Haha, thanks! My mundane background is in maritime history (my "real job"
        website is http://heart-of-oak.com/), so as much as I enjoy the Pirates of
        the Caribbean films as pure cotton candy for the brain, seeing a dozen Jack
        Sparrows at a large Kingdom event here in the East a few years ago made me
        really sad. :)

        ~Elinor