Re: Hi from Trimaris

  • Diane
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 22 4:55 PM
      >I weave so some will use fabric that I make myself, but I'm not sure at this point if I will make all of the fabric for all of them.

      Sounds like a wonderful project, though you may find a lot wider range of materials than fabric.
      I have seen some lovely sweete bags of mother-of-pearl. I am still looking for large molusc shells to try one. I figure it will take a number of attempts as I am bound to break the first 5 shells :).
      Will your project go as far as arrow bags and quivers? These can include basketry, fabric, leather....combinations of all of the above!
      So much research - so much fun!!
      YIS
      Claricia filia Wilelmi dapiferi
    • Elßlin Rewß
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 22 5:33 PM
        I was actually thinking about basketry, something that I have always wanted to try, but the idea of a quiver is a great one, I actually started one 2 years ago as part of a household class and still need to complete it.
        Thanks for your idea, so far my first project will be a smimple one, a roman bulla.

        I hope to find someone to teach me basketry, I have yet to really see any classes at event here in and around darkwater.

        I will keep on the look out for the shells, that would be an awesome project too! If I find any I will be sure to post about it.