Re: Hi from Trimaris

  • Elßlin Rewß
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 22 10:51 AM
      Thanks! I totally get the cut and paste.

      --- In AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com, Susan Bingham <AlbredaA@...> wrote:

      > Greetings, Lady Elßlin! (Yes, I totally just cut and paste your name, as I have no idea how to make that character on my keyboard.)
      >

      > "My plan is to make 50 different style of pouches and pockets from any period and culture. If it was used for storage on a person's body, then I want to try my hand at making it. I weave so some will use fabric that I make myself, but I'm not sure at this point if I will make all of the fabric for all of them. I will. Donate some to gift baskets, and give others away to the good people I know."
      >

      > What a fun idea! I love seeing things like this! Welcome to the Challenge!
      >

      > Enjoy!
      > Albreda

    • Diane
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 22 4:55 PM
        >I weave so some will use fabric that I make myself, but I'm not sure at this point if I will make all of the fabric for all of them.

        Sounds like a wonderful project, though you may find a lot wider range of materials than fabric.
        I have seen some lovely sweete bags of mother-of-pearl. I am still looking for large molusc shells to try one. I figure it will take a number of attempts as I am bound to break the first 5 shells :).
        Will your project go as far as arrow bags and quivers? These can include basketry, fabric, leather....combinations of all of the above!
        So much research - so much fun!!
        YIS
        Claricia filia Wilelmi dapiferi
      • Elßlin Rewß
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 22 5:33 PM
          I was actually thinking about basketry, something that I have always wanted to try, but the idea of a quiver is a great one, I actually started one 2 years ago as part of a household class and still need to complete it.
          Thanks for your idea, so far my first project will be a smimple one, a roman bulla.

          I hope to find someone to teach me basketry, I have yet to really see any classes at event here in and around darkwater.

          I will keep on the look out for the shells, that would be an awesome project too! If I find any I will be sure to post about it.