Two Truths and a Lie about Sarmatians #1

  • Jessica Camp
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 11, 2013
      I posted a bare-bones version of this on Monday, but didn't get it updated until today. Sorry for the wait!
      http://sarmatianinthesca.blogspot.com/2013/04/2013-truth-or-lie-1.html

      -Aritê

    • Lana Tessler
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 11, 2013
        Out of curiosity, what is a Sarmatian?

        On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Jessica Camp <celticdragon38@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I posted a bare-bones version of this on Monday, but didn't get it updated
        > until today. Sorry for the wait!
        > http://sarmatianinthesca.blogspot.com/2013/04/2013-truth-or-lie-1.html
        >
        > -Arit�

        Lana Tessler
        "Someday you will be old enough to believe in Fairy Tales again." - CS Lewis

      • Dianna
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 11, 2013
          Thank you. I'd never heard of a Sarmatian either and wondered if this
          was spam of some sort.
          Avacyn
          > Out of curiosity, what is a Sarmatian?
          >
          > On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Jessica Camp <celticdragon38@...>wrote:
          >
          >> **
          >>

          >> I posted a bare-bones version of this on Monday, but didn't get it updated
          >> until today. Sorry for the wait!
          >> http://sarmatianinthesca.blogspot.com/2013/04/2013-truth-or-lie-1.html
          >>
          >> -Aritê

        • celticdragon38
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 12, 2013
            My challenge is to make 50 blog posts about Sarmatians (my persona). Sarmatians were a conglomeration of Iranian steppe nomads living on the Russian through Romanian steppes from 600BC to 450 AD. Their descendants, the Alans, continued living in the Caucasus well into the Middle Ages and eventually became the Ossetians of today.
            -Aritê

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 12, 2013
              And to clarify the title of the post- I play Two Truths and a Lie with my readers on April Fool's Day instead of playing a prank on them. Though the way I phrase these can be a little tricky. I probably forgot to send around the first post... Here it is.
              http://sarmatianinthesca.blogspot.com/2013/04/two-truths-and-lie-take-two.html
              -Aritê
            • Hillary
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 12, 2013
                Ha, perhaps you guys didn't watch that recent King Arthur film with Clive Owen and Kira Knightly. His knights were Sarmatian bond-men.

                According to online dictionary:
                An ancient region of eastern Europe northeast of the Black Sea. The Sarmatian people occupied the area after the fourth century b.c. and fled across the Carpathian Mountains and along the Danube River after the onslaught of the Huns. The term is also applied to the territory between the Vistula and Volga rivers during the time of the Roman Empire, a region now covering parts of Poland, Belarus, and SW Russia.

                Also, with some maps:
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarmatians

                Cheers, Hillary

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 12, 2013
                  i have attempted valiantly to block that movie from my mind. ;)

                  Sent from my iPad
                  Lana Tessler

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 13, 2013
                    Bleagh. You know, I could have forgiven the historical inaccuracies given how fantastical the movie seemed meant to be if it were actually a *good movie*...but no. It came out shortly after I had decided on a Sarmatian persona. For about two seconds I thought, "Hey, someone's giving Sarmatians airtime! Cool!" But that got blown to pieces pretty quickly. The whole Arthurian debacle is something I'll be blogging on once the 2T&AL is done.
                    -Aritê

                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 13, 2013
                      Lol. I feel the exact same way. :)

                      Lana Tessler