projects and motivation

  • katherine kerr
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2013
      > Moira:
      > i find that the deeper the snow gets, the more i accomplish.

      Whereas for me at this time of the year ocean is sparkling, the waves are curling, the sun is
      shining and the tide is high, making me more inclined to be out on the water pedalling away
      instead of doing my projects....

      I've been looking over my perioid printed materials (idly prepping for the class I'm giving at
      Drachenwald 20YC later this year). Must have a hunt around for other kinds of stuff I can add
      to the mix. The problem with working on ephemera is that its...well...ephemeral.

      I've got a batch of maps done, so that's underway -- seems I only really work on those when
      on holiday though (and the new kayak is taking up the spare time even there cos it's
      inflatable and fits in the van). The house is still semi-shambolic from the earthquakes -- at
      least that's my excuse -- so it's proving hard to get the motivation up at home.

      Mind you, I'm learning a lot more about local waterways at the moment -- even photographed
      the silhouette of the Port Hills from the harbour mouth for the next series of maps; and picked
      up a whale vertebra off the beach for my cabinet of curiousities :-)

      Just found my favourite fountain pen which had been missing since pre-quake; might get me
      back into more manuscript work. Now if I can just find the safe place I put my missing harp
      string, I can get it to the luthier for repairs.....

      So getting there, if a little slower than usual (and that's without shovelling snow to slow me
      down!),
      katherine
      katherine kerr of the Hermitage, in the Crescent Isles,
      Barony of Southron Gaard, Kingdom of Lochac
      http://webcentre.co.nz/kk
    • blaidddwrg
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2013
        i have to get projects done now because as soon as the snow melts i have to put a new fence around the back yard...my foxhound something or other has taken to climbing the current fence and going walkabout, much to my husband's dismay. and as soon as i can do that, all my spare time is pretty much given over to the garden. when you only have a five-month growing season you have to make it count.
        moira