Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Re: beasties and breeds

  • Ted Eisenstein
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 19, 2013
      > The big
      > thing with chickens is that you have a pretty small window for getting a
      > decent amount of tender meat. Too early and they are scrawny, too late
      > and they are tough and stringy.
      Isn't that what long, slow cooking is for - coq au vin, stewed chicken,
      and the like? Broilers cook quickly, as does fried chicken - but, like
      old stringy beef, sometimes you just have to pour in the wine and
      spices, and let it slowly cook for hours?

      (At least that's what my bad memory for recipes says.)

      Alban