weaving

  • blaidddwrg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2013
      on the field of battle one would go from weaving to dying. in my house it's the other way round. i have used an inkle loom for years but i recently set myself the task of learning a new skill. my enabler, oops husband, got me a deck of plastic playing cards which i cut down and punched into four-hole tablets. i have finished my first project. it is a ten-card test pattern just to get the knack of warping and weaving and seeing how the pattern developes. i didn't expect the squeeee factor the process engendered in me. i used crochet cotton for the first attempt. i'll have to stop at my favorite dealer for perhaps some wool or linen or, sigh, silk for future projects. just what i needed...another hobby.
      moira