Call for A&S at Blackstone Raids (WV)

  • Dorrane
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2013
      Unto all attendees of the XXII Blackstone Raids (April 25th- 28th, 2013, Cedar Lakes Conference Center, Ripley, WV) -- Take Heed Artisans, Scientists, Instructors and Judges!!
      This year during our 22nd annual attempt to repel the forces of the Middle Kingdom we will again be offering classes in the Arts & Sciences and two Competitions!

      Instructors and lecturers! Please share with us your knowledge and experience! We have 5 classrooms available which we hope to fill on Friday and Saturday!

      Artisans & Scientists! Pleas join us Saturday in the Assembly Hall for our first annual "I Finished This On Site!" Competition!-- This will be a Themed competition. As Dragon of the Midrealm raids the gems and precious stone of Blackstone your creations will reflect your ideas on the theme! Entries can be fully created on site or items that were begun before the event but completed on site Saturday! This will be a judged competition with winner(s) being awarded.

      For those who have other entries that don't fit into the Themed IFTOS Competition you can enter them into our A&S Competition! Enter as many times as you wish, arts, sciences and performances alike! This will also be a judged competition with winner(s) being awarded for their efforts!

      Don't want to enter the competitions but you have an item or two you want to share with everyone? We have plenty of room for displays!

      Volunteers are needed for the judging process of our entrant! Experienced judges or anyone who wants to participate in the judging process and learn the skills are needed for the two competitions on Saturday. Please help our entrants by sharing your knowledge with them!

      More information on the event can be found on the Facebook group Blackstone Raids XXII and the webpage at www(dot)blackstoneraid(dot)org. Online forms for sign up should be appearing soon. In the mean time if you wish to sign up to teach a class, participate in the competitions as an entrant or a judge or if you have any further inquiries please contact the A&S Coordinator Lady Cerridwen de Skene at dorrane.bernard(at)yahoo(dot)com.

      YIS
      Lady Cerridwen de Skene
      A&S Corodinator Blackstone Raids XXII
      MoAS, Barony of Blackstone Mountain