RE: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Re: [AnTirApprentice]

  • Mike Wilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 12, 2012
      About a month ago, I got notice from gmail that an attempt had been made from China to log in on my gmail account ... I still changed the password.
      Choose a strong password with letters, numbers and usable keys!

      Archer

      To: AandS50ChallengeCommunity@yahoogroups.com
      From: jh.grace@...
      Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 16:41:19 -0500
      Subject: Re: [AandS50ChallengeCommunity] Re: [AnTirApprentice]

      FWIW, it seems to be mostly yahoo, hotmail and AOL email accounts that get

      hacked. This doesn't seem to happen so much with gmail. You might consider

      changing to gmail if you have one of the above. Or adding a gmail account

      for some purposes only to limit the damage.

      I have 2 gmail accounts, one for lists and personal stuff, one for banking

      and online purchases.

      The other thing that everyone should have is a firewall (in addition to an

      antivirus. I've been using AVG for some years now and it's worked very well

      for me. I'm now using the paid version, but the free version works just as

      well -- it has fewer bells and whistles, but is otherwise as good.

      This has been a general Mod comment, not aimed at Kathy in particular,

      Hugh

      Wearing his shiny! mod hat,

      On 12 November 2012 14:47, Kathy Haverinen <katheryn98501@...> wrote:

      > My yahoo account was hacked! I have changed it and fixed it. If you own

      > a list, please don't remove me...

      > Katheryn de Gonneville

      > Kathy

      > ________________________________

      > From: Kathy Haverinen <katheryn98501@...>

      > To: rlindber@...; teknoviking@...;

      > tradarcher@...; AnTirApprentice@yahoogroups.com;

      > antircostumers@yahoogroups.com; antireandeguild@yahoogroups.com;

      > purplekricet@...; The_Coolest_Apprenti@yahoogroups.com;

      > celedraug@...; ulftonn@...; elspethn@...;

      > j_a_james@...; aleksii@...;

      > aands50challengecommunity@yahoogroups.com; zsmith@...

      > Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 11:30 AM

      > Subject: [AnTirApprentice]

      > http://weatherlight.hosting.paran.com/www.foxnews.reports.facebook1.php

      They told me to "get a life". So I got one. Now I have no time to do

      anything!

      Fiber arts blog: http://hughtauerner.blogspot.com/

      Personal stuff is at Dreamwidth: http://hugh-mannity.dreamwidth.org/